Opinions needed: Elliptical or Treadmill?

Options
2»

Replies

• primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    treadmill x1000
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I like the elliptical. My knees get a little achy and if I'm going to walk/run, I'll just go outside.
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Honestly, whichever one you are going to stick with and use on a consistent basis - I tend to use the Elliptical, though a number of people use the treadmill and achieve great results.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    1st choice - get outside & walk or run :)

2 - treadmill at incline is best you can get

3 - elliptical if you have dodgy joints
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hated the elliptical I much prefer a treadmill. I just can never get into a good rhythm with an elliptical and enjoy running more than swinging.
  • XstitchCarina
    XstitchCarina Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Elliptical. When I was a member at a gym, that was my preferred cardio.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bad knee here so it's Elliptical for me.

But why not gym? For the money you'd spend on an Elliptical you could have a gym membership for several years. If you buy a cheap one, it'll break or not be an effective calorie burner.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/choosing-good-cardio-equipment/

I second this. I bought a cheaper elliptical and it broke quick(I was super overweight for my height but no where close to 200 pounds even lol). I like the elliptical way more than the treadmill as you burn more calories. I am starting to like the treadmill now that I can finally run a bit though. The noise of a treadmill is quite annoying inside a house as well. I love going to the gym, and you get WAY more than just a treadmill or elliptical for the money spent.