5'4" ladies - how many cals per day do you eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• Beautifullymadetoday
    Options
    i work out for 5 days a week. 4 for 90 minutes and one for 50. so i need a lot more calories considering my body continues burning calories after exercising and i am constantly moving doing chores walking or in my case running from class to class. i found 1200 was to low and i was not gaining and muscle but i bumped it up 2000 calories-2500 calories a day. on weekends i found that if i did not exercise and ate 1200 i lost four pounds so i am bumping it up to around 1800. if i workout on the weekened i will still continue to eat 2000-2500 calories. i am five four moslty muscle and 119 pounds. hope this helps
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    interested in responses
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I eat between 1600-2000 calories based on exercise and hunger to lose 0.5 pounds a week! I wish I could some more:wink:
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    5'4, 129 pounds. I like to net around 1300 calories, generally eat around half of my exercise calories and save the rest for when I want them on the weekend. My goal weight is 120 pounds.
  • Someclevernesshere
    Options
    I don't eat mine back. If I use a water enhancer like hawaiian punch flavor then that goes to the calories I exercised off.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'3" and am set at 1300 and I eat back part of my exercise calories. I did 1200 +exercise calories for the first few months and averaged 1.5 lbs/week loss. Now it's only a pound loss per week but I need my extra coffee when the weather cools so I'll live with it.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1560/day. I usually keep an eye onn my fitbit calories though as it gives me the number based on my activity. That ranges from 1300 with a sedentary day to 1800 on a very active day
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    [before getting pregnant]
    I was eating 1400 and was totally stuck, so I bumped up to 1600 and that was more doable. I don't usually eat back exercise calories.
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Options
    My weekly calories average out at 1800 daily, producing average 1lb loss a week which suits me fine (see ticker!). I don't eat back exercise calories.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Answering for gf

1800-2200 average maintaining weight at 65kg with 3x strength sessions, no cardio and an office job.