BIG MITAKE !!

MandeeSue
MandeeSue Posts: 153
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Ok so over the weekend I had a family get together and eat ok...then a church dinner sunday and done alright and Monday I forgot to track anything...So today I started back tracking..Well made Spagetti for lunch and measured my whole wheat spagetti noodles wrong..and ate almost HALF of my calories in one meal. Oh boy was that a huge mistake. Plus my gym membership expired so now I can only do it at home unless I start to go back. I can't believe I done that with the noodles, Im such an idiot !! :embarassed:

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Ok so over the weekend I had a family get together and eat ok...then a church dinner sunday and done alright and Monday I forgot to track anything...So today I started back tracking..Well made Spagetti for lunch and measured my whole wheat spagetti noodles wrong..and ate almost HALF of my calories in one meal. Oh boy was that a huge mistake. Plus my gym membership expired so now I can only do it at home unless I start to go back. I can't believe I done that with the noodles, Im such an idiot !! :embarassed:

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just be more careful from now on. :flowerforyou:
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    so true, I agree - don't stress it!

:)
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Your human like the rest of us. Live and learn and don't beat yourself up. You will know not to do it again. I remember the first time I ate spagetti after I started MFP and then logged it. I did eat my whole days calories plus. I did learn after that.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Now you will probably be extra diligent about measuring so that's a good thing. Cheer up!
  • drew77
    drew77 Posts: 9
    eat less calories the following days and you should be fine. That is one way to recover from a calorie apocalypse OR you could just do the power90X and burn it all off in one session of polymetrics. Just saying...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    How do you figure you measured them wrong? One 2oz (dry) serving of pasta is a LOT of pasta & about 200 calories. I can't even fathom eating like 600-800 (half a days worth of cals) calories worth of them. You measure pasta servings DRY. :flowerforyou: I bet you measured them correctly afterall!
  • MandeeSue
    Oh no I did do it wrong. I measured wet...and was in a hurry and done a whole cup which equals 8 oz. !!! And it was a lot of pasta, but I do love spagetti and ate every bite !!! Lets just say I should not be hungrey for the rest of the day :ohwell:
  • MandeeSue
    I would love to do P90X but I don't have it...I have heard that it will kick your butt tho :wink:
  • You are NOT an idiot!!! You just made a mistake, that's all. Pick yourself back up and go on. Just check your choices next time.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Oh no I did do it wrong. I measured wet...and was in a hurry and done a whole cup which equals 8 oz. !!! And it was a lot of pasta, but I do love spagetti and ate every bite !!! Lets just say I should not be hungrey for the rest of the day :ohwell:

Yeah, you messed up. But not in the way you think.
    The nutrition info is for measuring it DRY by WEIGHT! So, if you measured 8oz cooked pasta (and a cup is 8oz by volume, not weight) that is in no way the same as 8oz dry (by weight). One cup is 8oz by VOLUME not by weight. For example, an 8oz cup of feathers weighs a lot less than an 8oz cup of gravel. You can't interchange volume and weight measurements like that. Usually liquids are measured by volume (1 cup of milk, for example) and other things are more accurately measured by weight (2oz/56g pasta, for example).

So, yes, you were actually wrong in many ways, but you can rest assured you did NOT consume half a days calories with the pasta.

***I think a cup of cooked pasta is going to be very close to a single (2oz DRY) serving of pasta! So it sounds to me like you consumed one serving of pasta which is certainly not half of your calories for the day.*** :smile:
  • 1 cup cooked is very close to 2 oz dry. You didn't eat half a days calories I'm sure :)
  • MandeeSue
    Thanks =) Lol I have a lot to learn...Im hoping I will catch on !!
This discussion has been closed.