Vibram 5-Fingers

Options
2»

Replies

• fuji1010
    fuji1010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many good reviews about them and other barefoot shoes. I won't buy them (5 fingers) though because I can't use them to compete. However, I bought a great alternative, the Merrill trail runners. They have a vibram sole and a wide toe that allows your toes to splay wide to mimic bare foot running. They are super light and lace up nice and tight.

I don't run. At all. But I've used them on stairs, trail sprints and just walking. Mostly though, I use them to deadlift.

I also have the Merrill Trail runners and like them very much.. Not quite barefoot shoes they are a little higher in the heel. I have the Merrill barefoot also but I jumped into them too fast and pulled a calf muscle.

Easy as you go with the transition,

Joe
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many good reviews about them and other barefoot shoes. I won't buy them (5 fingers) though because I can't use them to compete.

You can't have them in your fed? Even if you could fit a pair for toe sox?

No vibrams in the CPU (IPF affiliate). There is a general rule about garments that would bring the sport into disrepute and the appearance of the 5-fingers has been judged foolish enough that they aren't allowed. We have a lot of very specific rules. I'm a ref and sometimes it's tough to get them all.