Could use some advice

Options
Hey everyone,

I've been struggling with my weight and weight loss for awhile. I'm down to 218.7 lbs. I'm feeling happy that I'm going down. I want to get down to 110.0 lbs. I would like the weight to come off just a little faster than it has been. I've been averaging 1-1.9 (not quite 2 pounds) lost. I'd like to lose (or atleast try) to lose 2 pounds a week.

Does anyone have any kind of advice they can give me? Please don't suggest eating better because right now I don't have the money to be buying "good for you" food

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is great loss. A lot of people would kill to be able to lose that much per week. Losing really fast is a great way to end up with lots of loose skin and people who lose fast also tend to rebound and regain the weight. You didn't gain it overnight and it won't come off that quickly either.
  • frugalfitmom
    Options
    2 pounds a week is great loss. A lot of people would kill to be able to lose that much per week. Losing really fast is a great way to end up with lots of loose skin and people who lose fast also tend to rebound and regain the weight. You didn't gain it overnight and it won't come off that quickly either.

^^This!!

Hey, fellow WWE fan! :) I started out at 224 lbs. and averaged about 2 lbs/week through the bulk of my loss. It's slowed down now that I'm adding muscle and losing the rest of the fat at the same time, but I can say that I don't have the loose skin problems (yet? lol) at all and that makes me happy too because I was really concerned about it.

As far as food, it doesn't have to be expensive to start incorporating some "good for you" foods. I don't know if you have an Aldi near you, but they have a Fit and Active line of foods (everything from popcorn to rice cakes to yogurt to turkey bacon) that are really good and good for you. Their produce prices are really low compared to most stores too. I totally get the budget thing; I feed a family of 5 and we're far from rich! :)
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Check to see if Bountiful Baskets is offered in your area. You get a basket of fruits and veggies for only $15! Waaaay cheaper than anything you can buy at the store or a fast food value menu!

:love: www.bountifulbaskets.org :love:
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Please don't suggest eating better because right now I don't have the money to be buying "good for you" food

Fat loss is mostly about eating fewer calories and exercising more. Eating fewer calories saves money, it doesn't cost more.

As far as the "healthfulness" of the food, most people can improve a few things without spending more. If you post your typical daily menu, we can give you some suggestions.

As far as exercise, do vigorous and frequent cardio, and follow a full-body strength training program too.

By the way, loose skin is cause by weight gain, not weight loss. When skin is stretched far enough and for long enough, it can grow new skin cells - and they don't go away.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    There are only 3 things to consider while losing weight:
    1. Calorie counting(eat at tdee-20 or mfp to lose weight + exercise calories)
    2. Exercise (cardio + strength)
    3. Lots of water

It usually does not matter what you eat as long as you are within calorie range, but you might end up hungry if you eat lot of high calorific food, so it's better if you incorporate a little of all kinds of food. Since your diary is closed, I am not sure what food you eat, so this is general advice.
    Myself, I eat around 1700 calories on average and for exercise i do zumba, body pump, weights, dance , walking etc
  • Lowland70
    Lowland70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is good and you are obviously already doing heaps of stuff right to have lost the weight you have.

I'm kind of on my second (and hopefully last) push to get a bit more off and I find that fasting cardio really makes the difference for me.

It can be hard depending on your work schedule but if I can just fall straight out of bed and get my heart rate going for 20 mins before I have anything to eat for the day it makes a noticeable difference to my weight loss.

Good luck!!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Losing 1-2 pounds a week is recommended for healthy weight loss that you can maintain. I honestly don't think it has to cost more to eat better/healthier foods. We are a family of 5 (kids are 19,16 and 11 so eat like adults) and i have a home daycare of about 6 kids a day, 6 days a week, with an average of 1 of those children having dinner with us. We spend about $150 a week and we have fresh and frozen fruits and veggies daily, along with dairy products, meat, whole grains, other proteins and some treats. Are you exercising? That can make a difference for weight loss and muscle toning. Do you watch your sodium intake?
    Hey everyone,

I've been struggling with my weight and weight loss for awhile. I'm down to 218.7 lbs. I'm feeling happy that I'm going down. I want to get down to 110.0 lbs. I would like the weight to come off just a little faster than it has been. I've been averaging 1-1.9 (not quite 2 pounds) lost. I'd like to lose (or atleast try) to lose 2 pounds a week.

Does anyone have any kind of advice they can give me? Please don't suggest eating better because right now I don't have the money to be buying "good for you" food