Anyone up for a 30 lb challenge by Christmas?

Options
12346»

Replies

• inspiration
    inspiration Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll join for motivation and support.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I've never done this forum thing before but I need to start surrounding myself with more motivational people than my current friends who are very off and on with their dedication. I work out 4-5 times a week but have great difficulty with my portion control. So I'd like to put forth the 30 lb Christmas Challenge. High goal but I like to strive for high and if you achieve it amazing, if not, look at the success you had along the way. It's a win win. Who's with me?

I am really sorry to say that I wish that people would not come up with such unrealistic and unhealthy challenges that will lead most people to fail. Failure is the last thing anyone needs during the holiday season. I wish you would reconsider your challenge and maybe shoot for 15 pounds. That would be much more realistic and healthy.
  • Ang108
    Options
    I'm in, but I plan to gain some muscle too. My nutritionist has a scale that measures muscle, so for every pound of muscle I gain, I'm going to count as a pound of fat loss. Fair?

It is impossible to lose weight/fat and gain muscle at the same time. Muscle is not converted from body fat. One works with a caloric deficit and the other needs more calories because of the extra energy needed to built muscle. There is no way that someone can eat less for loss and more for building muscle at the same time.
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's 30 Lbs or what you will. Pick any goal you want to try and reach by Christmas.

For me even if I don't hit the 30 lbs I will be more motivated not to go crazy on the holiday "treats" knowing I have people in my corner and that is AWESOME! I can tell you right now I'll take all the help I can get when the holidays get here! :happy:

Thanks for the support too!
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I would like to lose 30 by Dec 31. My problem is portion control, and well I haven't see in side of my gym in a while.
  • Ang108
    Options
    Edit: and yes I will be "negative" and "unsupportive" of ideas and strategies that I feel are unhealthy and unsustainable.

Unrealistic? Almost 35 lbs lost in 3 weeks and my scale says it's real. So does my nutritionists scale and my doctor is very happy. Obesity is unhealthy and I feel anyone working to get rid of that deserves cheers.

Too bad you have such a negative view, this is a SUPPORT forum isn't it? Maybe whatever YOU think everyone should be doing is better kept to yourself. We have our own goals on this thread and we give support to help each other reach them. As far as I'm concerned, your attitude is FAIL. I for one do not care what you think after that post so go be negative somewhere else!

I would assume that you lost 35 pounds ( congratulations btw ) in two weeks, because you are over or around 300 pounds. It is normal for people to lose a lot of water weight in the first month, because the heavier one is, the more water weight there is to lose. With time your body will adjust and you too will lose at a speed many others do.
    You are absolutely right obesity is unhealthy in general. However, fast and extreme losses are usually impossible to sustain and about 90% of those people who do start gaining back ( usually with some extra weight ) within the first year after they lost. There is much scientific proof that slow and steady weight loss is easier to sustain and has a much higher % of success. But in the end it's your choice......:o).
    Good Luck !
  • StangMan12
    Options
    I'm in, but I plan to gain some muscle too. My nutritionist has a scale that measures muscle, so for every pound of muscle I gain, I'm going to count as a pound of fat loss. Fair?

It is impossible to lose weight/fat and gain muscle at the same time. One works with a caloric deficit and the other needs more calories because of the extra energy needed to built muscle. There is no way that someone can eat less for loss and more for building muscle at the same time.

Well I must be keeping things even because the printout I have shows no sign of muscle loss so far so I will keep doing what I'm doing until it shows me otherwise. My nutritionist is watching me closely and I'm sure she knows a lot more than I do. Lets not forget that I can actually read my scale now without having to suck in my gut. And pick up things off the floor without being worried that my pants are going to rip. I even bought me a new pair of jeans the other day a size smaller knowing soon I will be able to fit into them. I'm sorry that I feel so much better than I have in years in just 3 weeks. lol You can say all you want but my body is pretty happy and so are my doctors and that's what counts in my life right now. If I can help motivate others to try a little harder to lose weight by Christmas, well I feel that's a good thing too. It can be done is all I'm saying and it's been great for me so far and there's still 11+ weeks to go!

You may be right though and things will slow down soon but I am hoping it last at least till Christmas. lol
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just saw this posting...If I can lose 20-30 lbs by Christmas, i would be over the moon ecstatic!! But I am trying to take it as slow as possible. I have however lost around 15lbs since my birthday on September 19th...so who knows?? I do know a lot of that is water weight and such, and I do expect the weight loss to slow down...but I'm pushing harder than I ever have before!! I'd love to support anyone in reaching this goal!!
  • StangMan12
    Options

I'm in!! I would like to lose 30 by Dec 31. My problem is portion control, and well I haven't see in side of my gym in a while.

Change both of those things and you will be on track. :smile:
    I just saw this posting...If I can lose 20-30 lbs by Christmas, i would be over the moon ecstatic!! But I am trying to take it as slow as possible. I have however lost around 15lbs since my birthday on September 19th...so who knows?? I do know a lot of that is water weight and such, and I do expect the weight loss to slow down...but I'm pushing harder than I ever have before!! I'd love to support anyone in reaching this goal!!

You go girl! Congrats on 15 lbs!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    OK.. It Is Just Over 11 Weeks To Christmas. I Will Lose 0.5Lbs Per week. I Wil Lose A Total O 6 Lbs. I Will Go From 186 To 180. I Will EaT between My BMR And TDEE. I Guarantee That 80% Of The Days I Will Eat At Least 2100 Calories Per Day.

I Will Run, Walk, Lift Weights, Do Push Ups, Kettlebell Etc.

Good Luck To all
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I can't find the group :(
    Can someone please post a link to it?
    Thanks!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Im in for 17 LBS thats when I hit GOAL :):):):):) LETS DO THIS
  • StangMan12
    Options
    I can't find the group :(
    Can someone please post a link to it?
    Thanks!
    Here ya go: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16704-30-lbs-to-christmas-challenge-or-what-you-will

I used to be able to click on it up top but it's not there now. sigh ...
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes please!!! ...:flowerforyou:
    Sorry must update my counter have put more pound's on since ...:ohwell:
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Almost finished week 3, how's everyone feeling?