anyone else extremely sugar sensitive

Options
I literally cannot eat anything sweet....gum, fruit, artificially or stevia sweetened things...nothing....it'll send me into overeating mode like crazy. This is a newer problem for me too. Anyone else?

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Nope. You're alone.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    cool glad to know i have issues. im going to the doc soon to get my blood work done because i suspect thyroid issues. i gained 20 lbs in a year without trying....and struggling against it. it runs in the fam too.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Heck yea...Last week...I had red velvet poptarts right...Toasted em first of course....Once they were done, I put Ben & jerry red velvet ice cream in between and made a sandwich...After one bite...I couldn't help myself I just....sobbed:cry: and sobbed:cry: and sobbed:cry: ...I mean the pop tart was so hot and the ice cream so cold and the combo so delicious...The waterworks kept coming...Same thing happens when I use a family serving size popcorn bowl to eat captain crunch. I don't know why I'm so sensitive around sugar.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Heck yea...Last week...I had red velvet poptarts right...Toasted em first of course....Once they were done, I put Ben & jerry red velvet ice cream in between and made a sandwich...After one bite...I couldn't help myself I just....sobbed:cry: and sobbed:cry: and sobbed:cry: ...I mean the pop tart was so hot and the ice cream so cold and the combo so delicious...The waterworks kept coming...Same thing happens when I use a family serving size popcorn bowl to eat captain crunch. I don't know why I'm so sensitive around sugar.

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Here - this bar of chocolate will cheer you up.

giant-chocolate-300x225.jpg

OP: maybe it's not a sugar issue. Maybe it's a low protein issue. Or an emotional eating issue. Or a low calorie issue. Are you sure it's just sugar doing this?

cheers, b.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg

Oh not again...It's like watching a sunset

tumblr_m7uzsppm8Y1r98tmw.gif
  • melting_glass
    melting_glass Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yea. i'm a sugar feind :( It'll be the death of me
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It's the sugar in booze that does it to me
  • Lonapaterson
    Lonapaterson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes! You are not crazy and you are definitely not alone.
    Sugar makes a very real change in the chemical reactions within our brain.
    It literally blocks the proper chemical hormone that signals our body to be content and satisfied. And furthermore it increases the cravings central to such an excited state that it can be compared to heroine addiction.
    Check out this book recommended reading = http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Chance-Beating-Against-Processed/dp/159463100X
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I may try keto to avoid blood sugar spikes. I am going to miss fruit so much though omg I love fruits.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I literally cannot eat anything sweet....gum, fruit, artificially or stevia sweetened things...nothing....it'll send me into overeating mode like crazy. This is a newer problem for me too. Anyone else?

Yes, but it doesn't sound as extreme as yours.

I can't eat a lot of processed sugar because I soar, crash, and then feel sick. I, however, can eat a serving of a treat once in awhile and have no effects at all. I eat plenty of fruit, however.

As for sugar substitutes, I can't use Splenda because my body reacts to it. However, I can use agave just fine with no reactions. Other than this, I rarely use artificial sweeteners.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ohhhh, we have a clown amongst us. I'm still laughing!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It literally blocks the proper chemical hormone that signals our body to be content and satisfied. And furthermore it increases the cravings central to such an excited state that it can be compared to heroine addiction.
    Check out this book recommended reading = http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Chance-Beating-Against-Processed/dp/159463100X

Um, no it doesn't.
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Um, no it doesn't.

I shoot up sugar it suits me fine as long as I don't run out
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I may try keto to avoid blood sugar spikes. I am going to miss fruit so much though omg I love fruits.

You might want to try not eating to avoid those insulin spikes as protein causes them too.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to be a tedious grammar *kitten* and point out how literally all of the anti-sugar posts by literally all of the posters literally overuses literally. Is that a side-effect from the sugar?