Anyone else on 1 sweet a day?

Options

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    If I feel like 1, yes I will have it. Otherwise I'll end up on a binge.
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do..that way I dont lose it
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream everyday (or something similar), and meet all my macro/micronutrient goals, plus have a good healthy portion of fiber! And I've lost 121 lbs in 15 months. :drinker: My diary is public!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate-covered walnuts, angel food cake, frozen coconut fruit bars, fudgesicles, one snack size York peppermint patty before bed. I've been at my goal weight for nearly a year. I've figured out how to work small, satisfying amounts of treats into my plan. I do not feel remotely guilty. I'm getting my nutrition needs met and my emotional ones too.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    One sweet a day? At least. It's just in how you allot your calories. I joke that I eat super healthy meals so I can have super unhealthy treats. ;)
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    Sweets was never really my thing. I'm more of a way to much salt kind of girl (I could eat just salt). If I want to indulge I put salt in when I make my food.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I bought a Toffee Crunch from Gregg's.

White chocolate, white chocolate cream, toffee sauce, wrapped in shortbread. I was so stoked to get home and make a cuppa with it.

croppedimage460368-Toffee-Crunch_zps1cdd5a3d.jpg

Took it home to log it, couldn't find it. Went on Gregg's website and its a whopping 471 calories. And its TINY!!!

Gave it to the boyfriend. :( Had 5 pieces of Guylian instead. Nom nom nom.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yup! If I'm craving it I fit it into my calories. I've learned from past "diets" restricting myself to no sweets is a recipe for disaster! I figure as long as you stay under or at your calorie goal it's allllllllll good!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, you just gotta have a milky way... or a Cadbury egg(LOVING that they do them at Halloween time now too haha). I try to fit them into my calories if I eat sweets, and not to buy them in large amounts, just one when I'm at the store and decide I want one. I bought three the other day(two were supposed to be for my boys)... the boys didn't get theirs lol. So definitely can't just have it laying around the house!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This thread just inspired me to buy some Oreo Brownies from Ebay! lol
  • andresconejo
    Options
    Always! But also always trying to stay under control with macros :)
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Tonight's pudding (apple crumble) will be the only sweet thing I've had all week. I've not got a sweet tooth though so I don't even think about sweets, chocolate, cake for most of the time.

Cheese....now that's a whole other ball-game. I could happily munch my way though a mountain of cheese, so I've had to avoid it as much as possible as it burns the calories up.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If it fits within your calorie goals, no harm done. I learned a long time ago that life's too short not to indulge every now and then.
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Restricting sugar is like handing me a free pass to binge. I typically exceed over 100 grams of sugar a day (most of it through fruits), and I manage to stay under my calorie goals just fine. I also binge a lot less than when I actually tried to adhere to MFP's default sugar values.
  • EtherealPerfection
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with having something sweet everyday. Everything in moderation! So as long as you're eating healthy foods too it's nothing to worry about.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    A couple of times a week I'll have a little ice cream.

One thing I find that really helps if I have a sweet craving but don't want to take a big plunge is reduced sugar hot chocolate. Or a little bit of natural yogurt and honey.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Kind of. I'm doing keto, so I made A LOT of fat bombs, which are very sweet and I have one a day to meet my fat requirements.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Sweets are a critical need for me. :bigsmile:
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have a little bit of chocolate daily!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Yes I am. I buy english muffins and toast them. Then, I put either one or two tablespoons of chocolate peanut butter on them. I get a sweet treat that keeps me fuller because of the protein.

I love sweets. :)