2 gym memberships

Options
So, I have a YMCA membership because it's only $18 for them to watch my 2 kids for 2hrs a day all month.. Which is amazing!!!

But I kinda feel like theres times where I'd like to go when my YMCA is not open.. Like at 7 saturday or sunday.. or if I can't sleep.. or whatever..

Since it's only $10 I was thinking of maybe getting one there too.

Whats everyones thoughts there?? Would you do 2 or just stick to the YMCA?

Replies

• AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have 2 memberships. The first is at a local rec center. I use that one just for the pool although they do have some fitness equipment. The second is a much larger facility with weights and cardio machines and, well, everything I need in a gym (except the pool!). Also, the second one has branches all over the city so I can work out close to home or work.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I also attend 2 gyms...one in the town I work in and the other in which I live. It is convenient for me.

I say go for it! If after a few months you find it isn't working well then just go back to 1. :)
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Go for it if it's not breaking your budget. $28/month total for two is cheaper membership at some gyms. In the past, I've belonged to two gyms - one that had classes and one that had better equipment for when I wanted that.

O/T but where do you all live that the Y is so cheap?? Where I live it's 70 a month + 125 joiners fee for the YMCA and the YWCA is even more expensive.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Go for it if it's not breaking your budget. $28/month total for two is cheaper membership at some gyms. In the past, I've belonged to two gyms - one that had classes and one that had better equipment for when I wanted that.

O/T but where do you all live that the Y is so cheap?? Where I live it's 70 a month + 125 joiners fee for the YMCA and the YWCA is even more expensive.

The $18 is just for child care. It's about $50ish total.