Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    God gave me D TAN! lol

sorry just had to drop by =)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Guessing you're not from Jersey?

I don't get the reference to Jersey - but I'm guessing you're not from Australia either - here there is stigma to anyone, not just males, using tanning beds - in fact they have been banned from most places and the idea that tanned is beautiful is pretty well dead.

I agree with PP's that you should be worrying about your anger levels - also your skin cancer risk.

I was half joking but half serious. It's not unusual to see dudes in the tanning salons in North Jersey and Staten Is, so it never occurred to me that there was a stigma attached for guys.
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Guessing you're not from Jersey?

I don't get the reference to Jersey - but I'm guessing you're not from Australia either - here there is stigma to anyone, not just males, using tanning beds - in fact they have been banned from most places and the idea that tanned is beautiful is pretty well dead.

I agree with PP's that you should be worrying about your anger levels - also your skin cancer risk.

I was half joking but half serious. It's not unusual to see dudes in the tanning salons in North Jersey and Staten Is, so it never occurred to me that there was a stigma attached for guys.

Guessing by the annoying Jersey Shore boys and their tv show, that you are pretty much right about that....and no I'm not from Wisconsin where most men here are really rugged and grizzly logger looking kinda guys