Breasts too big to exercise?

Options

Replies

• gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36G and have found that the Glamorise Women's No Bounce Full Support Sport Bra works well. The key is to buy one cup size down (but the correct band size, in other words, I buy a 36F). I really don't bounce and for $20, I have no complaints.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I double up and wear a sports bra. Otherwise I bounce around looking like a fool, and it is extremely uncomfortable. Also, it makes your boobs look very perky! That part I love.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 40D (sometimes 38D sometimes 40DD) all depends....

But, I use the Lane Bryant Cacique balconette bras, yes they are underwire. With a cheaper sports bra for more exercise. If I'm going to be running (which I am getting into more) I'll wear a tank top with some sort of built-in.

I've tried many other sports bras and haven't found one that I like enough to invest it. I just ordered about 6 from Athleta (my favorite store) in different sizes and styles...none worked.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a 38 H and my shock absorber only works so far. For the ladies who double up, do I assume neither bra is underwired? It's really difficult to get non-underwired bras in my size.

are you using the max or ultra? there are several types and i find these two are more than enough for my humongous bosoms. i run and dance in this bra and havent had trouble with it at all.
  • BryVia12
    BryVia12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    www.freshpair.com Pricey? Yes, but totally worth it. I've had mine for a year, cost me $65 but these tig ol bitties don't move!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    First off, let me say this, your boobs shrink as you lose weight so be careful with investing a lot of money into anything right now. I follow the two bra rule. Use one of your older comfortable fitting bras and then plop a nice sports bra over it. Until your weight gets down, you will likely not be able to find a sports bra that can contain your assets. When I first started working out, my boobs were flying all over the place. My left one flew up and hit me in the face and almost knocked me unconcious! LOL!!!!! Sad but true.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    double up
  • frogslegs35
    frogslegs35 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For ladies in the UK -
    I bought a few of the expensive sports bra's in the past but didn't really feel they held me.
    One day I was the £1 shop (NOT Poundland the other one that's on highstreets) and they had some - yes they're not very good quality where the stitching is concerned but when doubled up on top of a comfy bra - I could bounce around all day like tigger and my boobs don't move.
  • gatorx
    gatorx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is not the only full-figured sports bra that works, but it is the BEST!

http://www.enell.com/

I was a 40-I and it worked for me! Takes time to put on, but stays put and no bounce! And straps don't dig. It's worth the cost.....
  • redhotfirebird
    Options
    duct tape

I had to do this in high school when I was a majorette

Wow, that must have been extremely painful to remove!
  • redhotfirebird
    Options
    A lot of companies that make bra-sized sport bras only go up to a DDD cup. I'm a 38G and got mine from Lane Bryant/Cacique. It covers most of my torso and is not exactly pretty, but it works. I've heard good things about Enell, but I wanted a racer back, which I don't believe they carry.

I think they might, if you mean a full backed bra? I just checked out the page, it's listed as the Sport version, but I could be wrong?
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sports bra (a good one), sports stretchy bra over the top and if needing more can use those tops with built in bra thing. Works a treat to keep the girls from flying around.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A lot of companies that make bra-sized sport bras only go up to a DDD cup. I'm a 38G and got mine from Lane Bryant/Cacique. It covers most of my torso and is not exactly pretty, but it works. I've heard good things about Enell, but I wanted a racer back, which I don't believe they carry.

I think they might, if you mean a full backed bra? I just checked out the page, it's listed as the Sport version, but I could be wrong?
    No, not a full back. A racer back. Like most cheap sports bras have. The straps come in in the back so that your shoulder blades can move around more. I do some lifting and find it uncomfortable to wear a bra without a racer back. That's why I don't double up regular bras with sports bras. The Lane Bryant bra I have has adjustable straps so you can wear them like a regular bra or cross the straps so the back is a little more like a cheap sports bra.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Enell.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What others said - you can double up.
    I also have an Enell that is freaking AMAZING. Pricey, yes. But the girls do not move.

Second on the Enell... totally worth it and will last you through some weight loss.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Still no pics???

*sigh*

Fine. I'll check back later.

#NotCreepy
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    <-- 28GG Checking in. For high impact (dirt bike riding, running) I wear my Panache under wired sport bra ($70 USD). For medium to low impact (circuit training, walking) I double up on the regular sports tops ($14 USD).
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Look for sports bras that offer encapsulation and compression.
    I wear a size too small and they don't even move.
    I like under armour personally
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Still no pics???

*sigh*

Fine. I'll check back later.

#NotCreepy

I wear a 34DD and while I don't generally do a lot of high impact work outs I have found that the bras at old navy are surprisingly nice. I know, shock and/or awe, but I wear a large and those suckers stay pretty well in place even while gasping my way through Zumba.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    36DD here. I wore this one yesterday and it worked well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFZGWA/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I always wear two bras for running regardless.