July 17 MFP Runner's club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning!

I'm so excited! I actually went out in the rain to run. This is my very first time and it was fabulous!
I've run in the rain before only because it started to rain part way through. This morning, I looked out the window and it wasn't raining but very cloudy. The moment I stepped onto my porch, it started to rain. I paused for 2 minutes and decided, "I'm gonna do this".

I'm so glad I did cuz it didn't rain that hard and it was really inspiring to see all the women running in my neighborhood. Very cool!

I got 4.25 miles in today!!

Beep beep! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm so excited! I actually went out in the rain to run. This is my very first time and it was fabulous!
    I've run in the rain before only because it started to rain part way through. This morning, I looked out the window and it wasn't raining but very cloudy. The moment I stepped onto my porch, it started to rain. I paused for 2 minutes and decided, "I'm gonna do this".

I'm so glad I did cuz it didn't rain that hard and it was really inspiring to see all the women running in my neighborhood. Very cool!

• jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Wat to go Mireille!!

I did my 90min. yoga dvd this morning. I will see if I feel like running after work.

Good luck everyone!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I've run in the rain before only because it started to rain part way through. This morning, I looked out the window and it wasn't raining but very cloudy. The moment I stepped onto my porch, it started to ran. I paused for 2 minutes and decided, "I'm gonna do this".

snoozer_11.gif

WAY TO GO Mireille!! Doing stuff like that is sooo exciting! I love your spirit!! Doesn't it just make you feel unstoppable!?

za4.gif <
    that is a dance party in your honor!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good Morning Friends!!

I missed you all yesterday but I read all your posts and I was so motivated that I got my butt out to Body Sculpt last night and then ran 5 miles (at 9pm!!)

So my week so far has been:
    Monday - 6 miles
    Tuesday - BodyPump (strength)
    Wednesday - 5 miles + strength ("on the ball" class - I don't know what it is called)
    Thursday - 3 miles tonight - I wanted to do Yoga today, but the class was cancelled. So I have a Pilates dvd at home that I will do instead.

Way to go to all the newbies who are really working hard!! We all started somewhere! Stick with it - it is the best exercise! Don't forget to do strength - especially abs - it really helps you run better and Stretch!!

I will actually be at my desk for a good part of the day today, looking forward to reading about all the wonderful things everyone is doing today!!

Did anyone else sign up for that 100 mile challenge at www.mapmyrun.com? Just wondering....

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Good morning!

I've run in the rain before only because it started to rain part way through. This morning, I looked out the window and it wasn't raining but very cloudy. The moment I stepped onto my porch, it started to ran. I paused for 2 minutes and decided, "I'm gonna do this".

snoozer_11.gif

WAY TO GO Mireille!! Doing stuff like that is sooo exciting! I love your spirit!! Doesn't it just make you feel unstoppable!?

za4.gif <

lol, Thanks for the dance party! :flowerforyou:
    It's crazy how something as simple as running in the rain can motivate a person. I've always used raining as an excuse not to run and now I feel like I'm on a different level. It sounds weird but it's true. Those women I saw today were die hard runners and I couldn't not keep up with them for the life of me but I felt a weird bond. Almost like I considered myself to be one of them. I think I might be going crazy. lol
    Running is freaking amazing!!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Great job Mireille!!! Running in the rain is super refreshing.

No run for me today. I'm doing a strength workout at the gym this evening.

Have a fabulous day!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    WTG Mireille!!!! Rain's when water falls from the sky, right??? I've heard of that. :grumble: I love running in the rain too, feels great! :smile:

Tricia - you're Wonder Woman!! Doing good, girlie! :bigsmile:

JD - 90 minutes is impressive for the early morning! Hope you can get a run in later too. :smile:

Got out & did 5.5 this morning. I soooooo needed it!! :drinker:

Enjoy, runners!!! :smooched:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good morning!

snoozer_11.gif

za4.gif <

lol, Thanks for the dance party! :flowerforyou:
    It's crazy how something as simple as running in the rain can motivate a person. I've always used raining as an excuse not to run and now I feel like I'm on a different level. It sounds weird but it's true. Those women I saw today were die hard runners and I couldn't not keep up with them for the life of me but I felt a weird bond. Almost like I considered myself to be one of them. I think I might be going crazy. lol
    Running is freaking amazing!!

Like your own little secret sorority!! I do it too!!

I second that emotion - Running is FREAKING amazing!! hessam4.gif
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Way to go Mireille! I LOVE running in the rain. The only reason I won't run in the rain is if there is thunder.

Today was my tempo run. I am getting faster! I ran a total of 5.5 miles. I ran easy to warm up for 14 minutes. Then I ran 3 miles comfortably hard. Then I ran easy to cool down for another 14 minutes.

Comfortably hard for me today was just under 9:00 minute mile pace. Last year I was running 12-14 minute miles. Hang in there newbies.:drinker: Be consistent. It will pay off!

Enjoy the day
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I'm getting my run in tonight. I only had about 4 hours of sleep, wouldn't have been a good workout. Great running everyone!!:bigsmile:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    We ran about 3.5 miles today. It felt like 35 miles. Just a note: don't do a 5k the night before, go home, eat very little, get up and do it again at 5:30. It doesn't work.

Congrats to everyone. Kechie, a 9 minute mile is a little more than comfortably hard. :bigsmile: We started our pace at a 9min mile yesterday and I was dying. Needless to say, we didn't end it at a 9 min mile pace. :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good morning you rad runners!!!

I'm home today and have a ton to do, our friends from Canada are coming down, our boys are the same age and so much alike lol....should be a lot of fun, but like I said...a ton to do....but I am intent on getting my run in somehow today....lol....wish me luck!

Mireille, I love to run in the rain...its almost my fav time to run! so you go girl!!!

JD, you are sooo inspiring! I tried yoga once in a really bad class, but after reading your post I really want to try it again lol....:drinker:

Shannon great job running this morning....someone is changing her tune to am runs???? lol

Tricia....bowing in awe girl as always!!! lol

Kechie....wow!!! that's a five min shave off your time....*high five* girl!!!

Slender have a good workout at the gym!!!

hugs everyone!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Way to go Mireille! I LOVE running in the rain. The only reason I won't run in the rain is if there is thunder.

Today was my tempo run. I am getting faster! I ran a total of 5.5 miles. I ran easy to warm up for 14 minutes. Then I ran 3 miles comfortably hard. Then I ran easy to cool down for another 14 minutes.

Comfortably hard for me today was just under 9:00 minute mile pace. Last year I was running 12-14 minute miles. Hang in there newbies.:drinker: Be consistent. It will pay off!

Enjoy the day
    :heart: -Kechie.

I need to start doing some tempo runs. Seems like the more I run the slower I get. :grumble:

9:00 is awesome, chickie! :drinker:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Morning ya'll! The humidity this morning wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday morning's so I ended up getting in 7.5 miles. Hope everyone enjoys their runs/workouts/day!
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    Even with my upper respiratory thing going on, I ran 3 miles today. Well I shouldnt say I ran the whole 3 miles, but the majority of it. I was feeling much better than the past couple of days and thought what the heck. Now I have to go to work in a couple of hours. Something about second shift that ruins a whole day:mad:

Keep it up everyone
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Even with my upper respiratory thing going on, I ran 3 miles today. Well I shouldnt say I ran the whole 3 miles, but the majority of it. I was feeling much better than the past couple of days and thought what the heck. Now I have to go to work in a couple of hours. Something about second shift that ruins a whole day:mad:

Keep it up everyone

Working's for chumps! Can't wait to win the PowerBall. :laugh:

Nice going on your 3 miles! :drinker:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Wow, wish we got more rain without lightning so I could run in the rain. Sounds wonderful. We had rain yesterday and my husband didn't even want me out in it to load the car up a little for my trip today. He didn't want me to get struck by lightning. He is paranoid.:wink:

No run today for me, taking break and sleep in a little so rested for drive. Bringing my running gear though....Don't know if I will use it, but I got it. And my work out DVDs to. Plan to swim a lot and thinking about putting the bike in the car. It would be a tight fit, and I don't know if I would get a chance to take it out. mmmm :ohwell:

OH! Good news for me, that pound and half I gained misterously yesterday, it is gone and it took a half pound with it to. Yeah! :drinker:
    SM
  • Mireille
    Options
    Wow, wish we got more rain without lightning so I could run in the rain. Sounds wonderful. We had rain yesterday and my husband didn't even want me out in it to load the car up a little for my trip today. He didn't want me to get struck by lightning. He is paranoid.:wink:

No run today for me, taking break and sleep in a little so rested for drive. Bringing my running gear though....Don't know if I will use it, but I got it. And my work out DVDs to. Plan to swim a lot and thinking about putting the bike in the car. It would be a tight fit, and I don't know if I would get a chance to take it out. mmmm :ohwell:

OH! Good news for me, that pound and half I gained misterously yesterday, it is gone and it took a half pound with it to. Yeah! :drinker:
    SM

Have fun on your trip. Good plan to bring your running shoes, otherwise you might want to hit a trail and have nothing!
    My weight fluctuates 1-4 lbs any given day. I have gotten used it and I don't let it bother me. Sometimes I weigh a little less because I didn't drink enough the day before and I'm a little dehydrated.

Have fun!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, great job so far this am. I finally felt like my knee was back to normal so I did a mini run this am and did 2 miles running and 1.5 walking. I don't want to push it to hard, going on vacation and I don't want to limp everywhere!

Anyway, felt great, glad to be running again (the bike at the gym hurts my hiney) :wink:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    So after reporting about my run..I noticed I had a blister on my right foot! I've only had my new running shoes not even a week..should I get new ones or just take it as me breaking in my new shoes? Ughhhh!