day 2 here - friends needed

Options
owinoc
owinoc Posts: 14 Member
i am 57 years old and i would like to lose 20-40. some friends needed for support and ideas. a couple months ago i moved to southern california for a job and i don't know a sole here. currently i walk my dog (my only friend here) for at least 1/2 - 1 hour a day, but find myself sitting around and over eating. so cooking for one isn't helping. yesterday, i did buy a scale, one for food and one for weight. lol and right now, my dog knows it's the weekend and is staring at me, saying "come on let's go to mcd's for breakfast". so yes i know i need a life style change and i am sure it won't happen over night, slowing but surely!

Replies

• 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Owinoc...I have similar circumstance's ...been away from MFP for a while, came back and wham!!! ...another 11lbs gained ...:ohwell: ...I am in need of friend's too as my friend's I used to have here are trying other avenue's ...good luck on your journey ...:flowerforyou:
  • dawnwritesnow
    dawnwritesnow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello Owinoc! Welcome to So Cal! I'm making lifestyle changes as well. I cut out sodas, which lead to decreased snacking, which lead to weight loss, which lead me to MFP and Mertups for hiking groups. I would love to stay on track and not end up on the couch snacking again. Would love to add a fellow So Cal resident to my friend list.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would like to add you .I am 54 and currently have lost 25 lbs but would like to lose about 20 to 24 lbs.I have started some weight training and do some cardio.
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hey there.. jumping in to the water here too... Good luck to you!!
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me as friend. Find a gym to join best place to make friends.:happy: results!!
  • kwiatcindy
    Options
    Looks like there are a few of us in need of some friends. I am no where near California (I am in Nebraska) but I could use some friend help. I have recently had some changes in my life and find it difficult to connect with others. I am almost 50 and now raising a 4 year old grandchild. He is adorable but going from being an "empty nester" for the last eight years to juggling work and a youngster is taking its toll. Most of my friend do not have children or all of their children are grown so we don't seem to hang out or even talk much at all anymore. I find myself eating way too much most days. I have about 20 pounds to lose. I just started this program yesterday and looking forward to the companionship and help with motivation.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Similar age, similar goals in SoCal..
    Send friend request if you'd like to.