what to do when you can't exercise

Options
I had knee surgery and need a second one. I have been watching my calorie intake still but I am getting no results. Anyone know what is the best way around this? I don't want to starve myself or take any pills. I was doing good before surgery (lost 10 lbs) now it is back. I'm scared and worried.

Thankyou

Replies

• incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    as soon as you are cleared for exercise, go to the pool and do stretching and light exercise and swim.
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Could you do seated cardio? There are chair cardio workouts for those who aren't able to walk. You could do those right now.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What about some upper body weights?
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Do upper body strength training ... and as the above poster state, pool as soon as you are cleared ... also, if you belong to a gum, they may have an "arm bike" ...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    How accurately do you think you are tracking calories? You should be able to lose even if you can't exercise. Hey, it happens sometimes that the body needs down time, and that's OK. But you need to make sure you are in a reasonable calorie deficit while being relatively inactive (I say relatively, because I am assuming you will not be bedridden for the entire time). And you have to track your calories very closely.

Good luck!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    N.E.A.T

Non exercise activity thermogenisis. Just move around a lot.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is all about calorie intake. I lost the first 40 pounds in a wheelchair and the rest not being very mobile at all. The one piece of advice I would offer to you is that your tracking has to be immaculate. Every single calorie counts when you aren't able to exercise so be extremely strict. If you don't have a food scale, buy one! You can pick them up for not very much money and are essential when your calorie count has to be on point!
  • carstylori
    Options
    That is a GREAT idea!
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been having unexplained fatigue for about a month now and already being treated for a sinus infection. Its hard to get up any energy to exercise; any suggestions?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I have been having unexplained fatigue for about a month now and already being treated for a sinus infection. Its hard to get up any energy to exercise; any suggestions?

Normally, I'm a big fan of thread-jacking.... but this one, is just a bit too random.

7149d1363113439-post-random-photo-thread-add-yours-jack-1.jpg