Eating Clean?

Options
2»

Replies

• alone_aqua
    alone_aqua Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ultimately you can decide how "clean" you want to go- most do anyway. Any reduction in processed foods is likely to produce some visible benefit to your health.

What I love about clean eating is that I find there are fewer restrictions, I no longer obsess over the amount of calories so much as the "substance" - what am I getting for the calories? How many nutrients? Vitamins? Which macro is this for?, etc.

What you mentioned though is true, and it is likely the only down-side to the lifestyle: time. It takes a good amount of time carved out of your week or day to buy so many fresh foods, prep them and prepare their travel so you can eat them so often during your day. Most people pick one day and spend 1.5-5 hours cooking and packaging their meals. I usually pick Sunday, it takes me an hour and by Wednesday I'm out of something already!
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    She did say pre-packaged foods, I think you know that.

The person eating it is opening up a package - but if I packaged it up myself, it's not "pre-packaged", even if I'm not the one eating it...?

Pre-packaged = to wrap a product before marketing.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Just wash your food and you got clean food!! :bigsmile:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    She did say pre-packaged foods, I think you know that.

The person eating it is opening up a package - but if I packaged it up myself, it's not "pre-packaged", even if I'm not the one eating it...?

So if I box it up for a friend, it's not pre-packaged, but if I put that exact same food in the exact same box on a store shelf with a label, then it is pre-packaged...?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

So if I box it up for a friend, it's not pre-packaged, but if I put that exact same food in the exact same box on a store shelf with a label, then it is pre-packaged...?
    I don.t add preservatives and fillers to my food before I package up the leftovers. Do you?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I have been a pesctarian (eating vegetables and seafood) for one year. I love it! My doctor gives me a clean bill of heath every time I visit her. I would suggest we all eat clean and raw (more unprocessed, organic food). You go, girl! I'm so proud of you for making your very first step toward healthy living. :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou: