What 435 Pounds Looks Like :)

Options
Quasita
Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
20131005_100509.jpg
I still have a long way to go and everything but I have reached the 50 pounds lost mark. This post is my celebrating this fact.

A little about me...

I'm a former athlete that, due to debilitating injuries, was forced to retire, which generated a host of problems for me. Suffering from anorexia, binge eating, and major depression, I gained over 150 pounds my first year off the bench. Over the course of the next several years, my difficulties with eating and depression caused a clinical starvation mode. While I was ill with this condition, I continued to gain due to several contributing factors, and struggled more with Refeeding Syndrome. You can read more about that in my blog if you care to learn.

Anyway, after all was said and done, after hormone therapy and a couple more serious spinal injuries, I found myself seeking surgical repair for my spine. When at the surgeon's office, I was measured for height and weight. I clocked in at 6'0.5" and 485 pounds. Not only had my injuries made me shrink 2 inches, but I had gotten precariously close to the half-a-ton mark.

I felt utterly devastated and disgusted in myself. The doctor told me that he wouldn't consider a repair until I had lost at least 200 pounds. It seemed an impossible goal.

Now, I have been working at this for over a year, and with several ups and downs due to illness and surgery. I have lost and regained the same 20ish pounds several times. This time, however, it's sticking. I'm still going down, and it's honestly the first real proof of success I've had in this battle since... well, my whole life.

So I know people usually only want to see sexy before and afters, or when people have met their overall goals, but I thought it was time to embrace the fact that any goal is a good goal. I'm happy to say I have met my first one.

Feel free to add me and root me on in the journey, more friends are always welcome.

Replies

• camilleme73
    camilleme73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fan_****ing-Tastic!!! Congrats girl:bigsmile:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep at it.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It is one of your first in a series - and what a fabulous series it will be!

I am so happy for you that you are able to be so open about it AND here with us to support you.

You are doing a great job - results are the proof - and you are among friends.
  • boyetck
    boyetck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I resulted in Lap-band surgery and I am loving it.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you that you are taking this journey and taking charge of your life! So sorry you had to have those injuries! It looks like you have found what works for you and gotten yourself through the fluctuation of weight! WTG! You got this! I wish you all the luck possible on your journey...and I am going to send you a friend request...We can inspire each other :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Quasita,

Keep it up. Your story is amazing. :smile:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    All the best to you. I see wild success in your future.
  • thisgalsjourney
    thisgalsjourney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Keep going!! Congrats!!!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing inspiration, and will continue to be one for many people. I look forward to seeing each of your successes.

Cheers
    Joanne
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Go you! And screw the whole "sexy" before/after thing. SUCCESS is sexy! :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    VERY HAPAYYYYYYYY FOR YOU :)
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job :) Keep it up!
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up with it and you'll be able to get your surgery that you're in need of! :D
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspirational! 50 lbs is pretty darn good. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to more updates from you in the future.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hell. Yes.

QPw9Q5B.gif

You're awesome. Keep it up!
  • allieandlanie
    allieandlanie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Who cares about Sexy Success stories?!?!?!? I so prefer real people with real struggles who reach their goals over seeing some so claimed "Sexy success stories. You are awesome and will kick some major *kitten*!!!! Way to go
  • trishgrace
    Options
    That's awesome Q! In all honesty You look much better than I do at 270. Awesome job!
  • dareacceptor
    dareacceptor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Go you! And screw the whole "sexy" before/after thing. SUCCESS is sexy! :)

^^
    This! Success is sexy - great work!!
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    He'll yes!!! You go girl :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!