POLL: What's the hardest thing about losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    mine would be a combo of 2 and 4. Im usually to busy and finding extra time stresses me out. Its better now that im my own boss, but i still have times when i just dont have enough time in the day.And 4 because we go through phases where we are seriouly broke... And pretty much survive on 50 cent mac and cheese and ten cent ramen noodles. i have never been able to shop healthy and cheap. Its always cost me at least 400-600 a month to feed 2 adults and one child. If you really can do it, i would like to see like a months layout of meals and snacks. Ive had people tell me tid bits like use lots of rice etc, or veggies are cheap but it always still adds up to a lot.
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    definitely #3 Especially the motivation to exercise. I have never liked to exercise even when I was slim. Now it is just so hard on my joints that I can't get myself to do it more than 3 or 4 times a week , even that is a struggle. I envy those who are dedicated to exercising every day!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Motivation... and self doubt, I always have a lingering feeling I'm not doing enough. Or not good enough... not just with the weight loss but other things in life to.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated to eat right and exercise

That looks to be the most common answer. Most people start out all fired up but it fades fast. That's why one has to go about this as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Slow and steady changes to an increasingly healthier lifestyle with better eating and more physical activity is what makes those changes last. :)
  • ElleAura
    Options
    # 5 hahaha lack of will power and sooo many delicious sweet things out there.. :)
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    For me it's 4. Too expensive to eat right and exercise.

I could add 5 thou; Cold sending me home to sleep so I can't exercise!

It's hardest when you burn to train but can't for some reason! :mad:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Number 2 - Time. I have 4 kids and work part time.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    #3 for sure.
    There is so much conflicting information out there, but eating less and moving more is really the only solution. It's just hard.
    I think it's cheaper, when I am not drinking or going out to dinner I save a ton of money cooking at home. But maybe for the people who cooked at home before, making the switch to healthier alternatives is more expensive.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    For some people even 10 extra dollars to spend on shakes is a luxury especially when over 1/2 your food comes from what you can purchase at share programs,angel food ministry, wic, and a free meal at work.... Just saying not everyone can just buy helahty or put away even 10 extra dollars and be able to provide for their family. But I am trying