Is pineapple good or bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It's pineapple. How can fresh fruit be bad?! I never, ever feel guilty about sugars in fruit. C'mon!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It's bad when not accompanied by cream of coconut and a quality dark rum.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    In my opinion fruit has alot of sugar. regardless of the fact it is not processed sugar , it is still sugar. That being said, it also has such huge benefits with vitamins and minerals. So yes, enjoy your pineapple ( or other fruits) i just would eat them all in moderation like every thing else. I love pineapple alone or in chunks in my yogurt, dipped in dark chocolate for a treat.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    natural sugar, artificial sugar, fake sugar, healthy sugar,....

crazy talk

http://www.eatingrules.com/2011/05/introduction-to-sugar/

Interesting read..thanks!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    All men should eat as much pineapple as possible... as well as drink pineapple juice :devil: :smokin:
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pineapple is AWESOME! That is all...
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I just had about 10 pieces of pineapple and enter it in MFP till after I had it.
    Just about died when I saw the sugar, I have only had breakfast and am already over my sugar by like 20.

If people eat it, do they just ignore the sugar or go sugarfree for the rest of the day?
    I feel really bad now for eating it!

If you are not diabetic or have trouble with the way you react to sugar, nothing to worry about. Tropical fruits are notoriously high in sugar, btw. Not really a bad thing though, you could always offset the amount you ate by being active and burning up that fast energy!

It's all in how you look at it. :drinker: ETA: just don't take a nap :laugh:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a favorite, just make sure you log the right ones...

I always make sure to get either fresh or packed in 100% juice. It's good for the mood and the immune system, but still have to be aware of potential sugar spikes, regardless of where it comes from.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    It's bad when not accompanied by cream of coconut and a quality dark rum.

Appleton only please, and don't try to pass off that Rose's crap for lime juice, a dash of almond syrup and don't forget the maraschino.

I'm a total mai tai snob....and a very sad T2D right now. sniff....ETA: I'll take that painkiller in a tall glass please.

tumblr_lrq1giG8UR1r08606o1_500.gif
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Personally, I look at that sugar total as an "added sugar" thing. I never count the sugars from fruit and other unprocessed foods - that would drive me crazy.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Pineapple is awesome for all occasions. Eat it and enjoy. Don't trip over the petty things.