An Open Letter To My Bum

Options
Hi - My name is Dana. I am relatively new to this website. I've been here for 4 weeks now and I have lost 10 pounds due mostly to minding my calories. The first day I logged cals without actually trying to diet, I had almost 4000 calories!! I have recently started working out and see a difference in my body though the scale is sometimes slow to give compliments :)

I have been overweight most of my life save a few teenage years. I gained too much weight while I was pregnant and never dropped it. Excuses included my traveling husband, trouble adjusting to motherhood, and the stress of caring for my ailing mother. That major weight gain however was almost five years ago. It's time for a change. I don't want to die in poor health like my mom. My husband has lost 50 pounds already thanks mainly to the tools here on mfp. His success along with reading the success stories of people on this web site have given me the faith that I can lose the over 100 pounds I need to lose - in order to be healthy :)

I'd like to share the following letter - An Open Letter to My Bum:

Dear Ms. Bum, AKA rear end, backside, butt, bottom and a few other terms as well -

You have been a loyal toiler for 33 years. You rarely complained about the lower level support position which often required hours of overtime having direct contact with a multitude of chairs. You have been subjected to poorly fitting articles that caused excessive stretching of materials, while being blamed for these overextended assets. In truth these failures are due to a lack of proper planning and effort on the part of management. Your excess growth within this body was due to poor decisions and reckless acquisition and intake of non-essential substances.

Despite your longstanding position there will be drastic cutbacks this year and we will have to let a portion of you go permanently.

Through tireless work of upper management, you will see a regular and systematic cutback until the desirable percentage is achieved. Once at this goal these numbers will be maintained with no increases. There will be no opportunity to return.

Sincerely,
Management

Replies