P90X question

Options
I was just curious if anyone has tried P90X and if it really works. I am thinking about giving it a go round. Thanks in advance for your comments, they are appreciated :)

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i've tried it. I'm on round 2 my photos are on my profile from round 1. I've lost 18 lbs and a bunch of inches everywere.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am in my 10th week of my 4th round doing the program. I think it works great, and have seen good results. Many people on this site have completed the program and saw great results.
  • MrOutfit
    Options
    Its definitely an awesome program, it takes all the thinking portion away from you, all you have to do is press play and do it. I did P90x in 2009 and saw awesome results, right now I am about to complete INSANITY, and then I will do another round of P90x. If you are interested just check out this lady's website www.beachbodycoach.com/cdeguc you will find the information in there. Any more questions, I will be glad to answer them.
  • cduell
    cduell Posts: 5
    Options
    Funny you should ask. I am on day three. Very tough but VERY good!. One thing that I realized yesterday is that I need to stick to a 50%-30%-20% ratio of PRoteins, Carbs and Fats to maximize the weight loss on P90X and give enough energy to the body to complete the work outs...So, as I eat, I use myfitnesspal to count the ratios.

FYI:

On an 1800 calorie per day diet, this works out to micronutrient ratio of 225 grams of protein, 135 grams of carbs and 40 grams of fat per day.

Pretty easy to follow. On P9)X it will seem like you are not losing weight, but you are because your measurements will change as you replace fat with muscle!!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Anything works we just have to do it and givee 110% to any workout we do :-) you should love it
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    P90X works great. Insanity is also a great workout. It depends what you are looking to do. You can see both at the following website: http://FitToPerformOnline.com

Drop me a line if you have any specific questions on either.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 4 of the classic and I'm down 4.4 pounds and I'm out of my size 14 jeans and comfortably in my size 12!! Im a very SLOW loser on just about anything i've tried so far... however I'm following the diet plan and pressing play and I'm losing more than I expected to and I feel A LOT better and I'm REALLY motivated to stick with it!!! Good luck and enjoy!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    P90x is an awesome program. Just be willing and ready to commit and you will see amazing results!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • PamelaHoneyHuggy
    PamelaHoneyHuggy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Talk to Shane. He did it Tabby. I am ready to get back to my routine workouts..... Guess you never thought you would hear that... LOL
  • clipsychic
    Options
    P90X is a great program. Just be ready to give your all and eat extremely clean to see results.
  • jtfoster_123
    Options
    Thank you all for your input, maybe I will give it a run and see if I like it.