Need motivational support...please!!!

Options
I was using MFP religiously from January 2013-June 2013. When I quit, I did it on purpose. I wanted to eat healthy without worrying about calories. Over the summer I was eating healthy....making lots of fruit/veggie smoothies and making my own juice. I felt good and pretty much maintained my weight. I wasn't at my goal weight, but I was comfortable with myself.
Now I am a freshman in college and I have already put on at least 10 pounds since June. I'm starting to hate looking at myself and even some of my clothes are starting to get too tight.
I'm really struggling because I have an on campus dining plan and a lot of the food here is unhealthy. All of my friends are eating pizza and cake and it's making it hard for me to stay focused.
I have used MFP a few days on and off, but after eating healthy for a few days I will give in and eat unhealthy.
I really want to get back to the weight I was just a few months ago.
To give you an idea...
I'm 5' 3". I started out in January 2013 at 149 lbs. In June I hit my low of 122 lbs. Now I am estimating I'm about 132 lbs. I could be more...I don't have access to a scale.
I know it may not seem like a lot to some people, but I would like to be more fit.
I really need encouragement and motivation. I used to have a lot of friends on MFP but it seems as though a lot of them have fallen off the bandwagon as well.
I NEED people who will call me out on bad foods, and will comment on my statuses and diaries. I have an open diary (obviously).
If you think you can help me, please add me.
I think motivation from people who are in the same boat as me is the only thing that will keep me going strong.
I will try to go on as much as I can also and motivate you...but being a college student, I'm pretty busy.
My username is AllisonConnell1301
Thanks!!!

Replies

• applepie161987
    Options
    I feel like I'm reading my story here. I work at an amusement park on the weekends, and eating healthy is so hard. What I do, is making my breakfast and lunch really healthy, then get what I want for dinner. This summer I gained about 5 lbs back, I've only lost 3 lbs of that. I have 10 lbs to go! Feel free to add me :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm pretty active and I'm also a good pen pal if you prefer private messages.

I don't know what your campus is like, but make sure you walk to class when possible; most schools have a gym/fitness center that is free for student use and you can try to take advantage.

You're seeing the problem early and taking steps to keep from things getting out of hand; I'd say you're ahead of the game. Do your best to be the healthiest you can be. Hope to help.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    It's tough when the dining facility doesn't support healthy eating; do they have some sort of committee on food? Nowadays, especially given the notion of the "Freshman 20" you would think they would offer better choices - a salad bar, grilled meats instead of fried, low-sodium soups, etc. But I guess it depends on the school and where in the country it's located...

Hey, give yourself credit for recognizing the issue and having the desire to correct it!!!
  • cabralsith
    Options
    I was also at 148 finally after working so hard, then i stopped. I have gained all the weight i lost. I'm back on the fitness pal to loose again my jeans are feeling sad. I feel so bad. I really never post or do any of the sort, but I guess I do need support to keep it off.
  • tkensington
    Options
    I love supporting & motivating others....add me and I'll do my best :) I also have a Challenge Group I'm getting ready to start on October 21st on my Facebook if you are interested Message me and I'll give you more info :)