Beside myself with joy and amazement!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Last year I did the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and was sooooo disapointed with myself. Yes, I finished and that is nothing to sneeze at, but about mile 18 I totally gave up...took me 5 hours and 25 minutes to finish. After that I decided if I was to get serious I would need to make some changes, and change I did! I lost 15 pounds, lost about 10% of body fat, and gained a whole lotta muscle.

Today was my first marathon since San Antonio (about a year ago). My goal was just to finish strong, not to give up on myself. If it took 5 1/2 hours and I didn't ever give up then I would be happy. If I finished in 4:30 I would be thrilled. I finished in 4:02....FOUR HOURS AND TWO MINUTES!!!!! Totally and utterly beyond my wildest dreams. At mile 20 I choked back tears cause I knew I would finish strong, mile 25 I sobbed a little as I ran because I was as good as done, and at the finish line I lost it when I saw my time.

Qualifying for Boston used to be a joke for me...as in "when I'm 70 I'll qualify if I can keep this pace!". Looked up the qualifying times again. I just need to shave off about 17 minutes and I'm good to go.....

:drinker:

Absolutely amazing!!!! You did a fantastic job and should be very proud of your accomplishment!!! Now the question is when is the next one :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    You've shown yourself that you CAN do it, if you put your mind to it. Keep at it and go DESTROY BOSTON!!!!
  • sofiabrycock
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING!! I want to do a marathon, but am concerned at my pace. I can run a half marathon at an 11.5 min mile pace, but really want to get faster.

YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!

Thank you so much for this post - it so proves that when you put your mind to something, amazing things happen.

I can so empathise with the emotion with finishing a race - I was in tears when I completed my first half! I can't imagine what I will be like finishing a full!!
  • racketgirl
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Your story is incredible. I have always wanted to run a marathon, but I guess I never really beleived I could run that far. I keep wondering...what do you think about when running that far....sounds pretty silly, but I get bored so easily.

The last couple of years I have been nursing a bad sprained ankle and strained tendons. A couple of months ago, I couldn't walk more than a few steps without pain. I am now walking 2 miles 3-4 times a week. My hope is to get to the point where I can run again and eventually compete in something! You have truly inspired me...feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to hear more about your success stories! And again...congratulations. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!