Anyone on the 'fast diet' or '5:2 diet'?

gill0408
gill0408 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone is trying this diet? and what do you think of it?
Gill

Replies

• marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Gill. there are some groups for fasting. check the 5.2 group and the Intermittent fasting group and you'll get more feedback. good luck!
  • Enjoy starving and gaining the weight back that you lose as soon as you start eating again to survive. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, eat right and work out.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    It sounds really interesting and there are some people on here and other sites that have found it works great for them. I've been reading up on it and might give it a try. It's not a "get skinny fast" thing though so don't do it so much for that reason, and make sure you read up on it a lot and talk to others about it first. There is a group for it and you can talk to them and see how everyone likes it.
  • I believe it can work. I did it for about 2 weeks. I do think it has health benefits, but it is not EASY. You have to be really committed.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Two days at 500 calories and the rest of the week at maintenance seems to suit quite a few people and is the same as a 20-something percent deficit on average. http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/
This discussion has been closed.