Better food choices

Options
I found that looking through my food journal, I have been selecting or eating the wrong foods for breakfast and lunch. Even though I have been exercising( walking) at least 60 min four times a week. The weight isn't coming off. I need some suggestions on what I could eat for breakfast and lunch. I'm trying to acquire the taste for yogurt.

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Chobani yogurt is delicious and the healthiest out there.

For breakfast, I have oatmeal, healthy cereal. Whole wheat english muffins with egg whites and maybe some strawberries or blueberries on the side. Or just egg whites with whole wheat bread. You can also make a breakfast burrito using whole wheat tortillas, with egg whites, turkey bacon, cheese.

For lunch, I have a lot of chicken wraps. Whole wheat tortilla, a little mayo, cut up chicken, lettuce, tomato. I just love them. Or turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread. Just bread, deli turkey, mayo, lettuce, and tomato.
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    I usully eat 1 whole egg with 2 eggs white and some wheat toast for breakfast, Eggs are extremely high in protein and are a great breakfast food. For lunch I sometimes eat Tuna or a salad with low fat dressing. Have you heard of Shakeology? Its a meal replacement shake that is super yummy! I drink that sometimes for lunch too! Let me know if you would like more info on that.
    -Doreen
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    My food diary is public if you wanna get some ideas :happy:
  • groucherella
    Options
    I'm with you on the yogurt! i'm trying to acquire a taste for it as well. I decided to take an acidophilus vitamin and give the yogurt a break for a while and try again later. For breakfast, I have cereal and a banana or egg beaters and turkey bacon. For lunch, I have either a salad with feta cheese or soup.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Mine is too. My go-to for breakfast is Kashi Go Lean Crunch and skim or soy milk. Good luck!
  • choley222
    Options
    I make myself a breakfast sandwich every morning with egg whites, one slice of canadian bacon, reduced fat swiss cheese and a light english muffin. It has good protein and really sticks with you until lunch. For lunch I do a lot of tuna with light miracle whip on a sandwich flat with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese and usually either fat free cottage cheese or a yogurt. I always pick either a fruit or veggie to go with it and that varies.
  • InsanlyIrene
    Options
    I'm a big oatmeal fan, combine it with fresh fruit either mixed in or on the side, I love adding raisins and cinnamon (cinnamon helps with digestion). For lunch some whole wheat bread with chicken and some salad or like others have said try a whole wheat tortilla wrap with chicken and lots of salad (tomatoes, cucumber, iceberg or other lettuce). Adding some fruit is always a good option just watch your calorie intake.

Hope that helps :)
  • rosef17
    rosef17 Posts: 89
    Options

Mine is too. My go-to for breakfast is Kashi Go Lean Crunch and skim or soy milk. Good luck!

I just bought the Kashi Go Lean Crunch when I went shopping and just tried it this morning LOVE IT! I like Activia light yogurt - I was like that too not liking yogurt but keep at it, eventually you will "enjoy" it - look forward to it every morning
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    EGGS! change it up..omelots, scrambles, fried, in wraps...but EGGS!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public. Please feel free to look at it.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i have a crumpet and egg whites or oatmeal, peanut butter on sunflower seed toast is a good one, and always with half a piece of fruit ( I have a son so we share) and a cup or two of water. I also just bought cream of wheat but i haven't made it yet
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mine is public too! Eggs and bacon/turkey bacon, I love bacon i go for the real thing and lose weight. Shredded wheat w/fruit and stevia-natural sweetener. Oatmeal, not the prepackaged instant-too much sugar. I'm not a yogurt eater either. If you do bagels do whole wheat. Good luck!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My lunches are hit and miss on what I have. Depends on the work day and who is making what. But, breakfast is either scrambled eggs or an omelet (2 egg whites w/ 1 whole egg), 12 grain toast and usually some fruit. My other favorite is Total Cereals. Raisin Bran is my first choice and again, it will be with 12 grain (sometimes Rye as a treat) toast.

My diary is also set up as public so feel free to get some ideas.