Noodle Free Lasagna

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    The total recipe is about 750 calories. With my giant runners appetite I split into two servings for 375 per serving. A normal person might split this into four, making it less than 200 calories per person!

No, a normal person eats a meal that is more than 200 calories. Are you kidding me?

And what's so evil about pasta?

also, you appear to be spamming this site to drive traffic to your own website.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    As an Italian, this offends me!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese in lasagna - just no. It's gotta be ricotta, with egg in it, and lots of mozzarella. And no pasta? Pshht. That's a veggie casserole.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Nice catch!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    So ... it's pasta sauce with some cheese on it?

I had to go back and double check, where's the cheese? Cottage chesse is not real cheese, SO WHERE'S THE FREAKING CHEESE?!!? I don't know why this is making me so mad, but the lack of cheese is infuriating to me! It has to have crispy crunchy oooey gooey cheese, lasagne must have cheese.
  • erinnpinky
    erinnpinky Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't care at all about driving traffic to my site. I was simply trying to provide those that might not be as familiar with how to cook spaghetti squash as a link to more information. I share recipes all over the web and seem to experience the most negative reaction from MFP users. I never understand it as when I was trying to lose weight, I was always searching for lower calorie options and saying to "just eat pasta" wasn't an option as it was the pasta that got me nice and chunky in the first place.
    Perhaps my lasagna growing up wasn't the same as everyone else, but I took every ingredient from my family recipe and merely cut out the noodles and the cheese. I plated it more like a salad and added spaghetti squash....therefore, its my version of a noodle free lasagna. Whatever you want to call it - salad, spaghetti squash casserole, general sauce on squash...oh well! Have a great Monday everyone! I am making grilled eggplant tonight for dinner - I wonder what biased name I can call that recipe :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    The total recipe is about 750 calories. With my giant runners appetite I split into two servings for 375 per serving. A normal person might split this into four, making it less than 200 calories per person!

No, a normal person eats a meal that is more than 200 calories. Are you kidding me?

And what's so evil about pasta?

Exactly.
    At least this time she actually listed the ingredients. In another recipe thread she made sure you had to go to the site.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That looks gross. :sick:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I share recipes all over the web

please stop.

sincerely,
    the internet
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Perhaps my lasagna growing up wasn't the same as everyone else, but I took every ingredient from my family recipe and merely cut out the noodles and the cheese. I plated it more like a salad and added spaghetti squash....therefore, its my version of a noodle free lasagna.

What you made was marinara sauce on lettuce with cottage cheese on it.

There is nothing "lasagna" about that. The spaghetti squash makes it a little bit like pasta with marinara sauce, but why the lettuce? And cottage cheese does not belong anywhere near any kind of lasagna.

You basically poured pasta sauce on lettuce, put cottage cheese on it and called it lasagna.

You get negative reactions here because most of us are foodies of some sort and we resepct good food.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    la·sa·gna also la·sa·gne (l-zäny)
    n.
    1. Pasta in flat, very wide strips.
    2. A dish made by baking such pasta with layers of sauce and fillings such as cheese or meat.

once you take out the pasta, it is no longer a lasagna.......it is a spaghetti squash casserole
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your post. I LOVE lasagna, but I hate the calories and all the carbs that come with it. Haters gonna hate, so don't worry about that. :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    375 cals per serving = giant runners appetite

Are you kidding with this? :noway:

And the "lasagne" - you make the whole of Italy weep :sad:

chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and cilantro - since when are they in lasagna. :huh:

Couldn't be further away from the actual dish.

Rename it - repost it. You'll get slightly better responses.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your post. I LOVE lasagna, but I hate the calories and all the carbs that come with it. Haters gonna hate, so don't worry about that. :)

4ac.png
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Wait, why is 375 calories bad? That's like, an excellent very well behaved dinner for me and I'm on a 1300 base calorie diet (excluding exercise). My dinners usually clock in higher than that.

Oh, and I agree with the others that say this is not lasagna. I wish people would just call things what they actually are, not what they wish they were eating.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wait, why is 375 calories bad? That's like, an excellent very well behaved dinner for me and I'm on a 1300 base calorie diet (excluding exercise). My dinners usually clock in higher than that.

Oh, and I agree with the others that say this is not lasagna. I wish people would just call things what they actually are, not what they wish they were eating.
    My typical lunch is 600 calories!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

My typical lunch is 600 calories!

This. Most of my meals are from 700 to an obscene amount of calories
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    chia-pet_525.jpg

this is my new dog "Fluffy" It doesn't have a brain, and it's actually not an animal at all, but i'm calling it a dog, even though it's not.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's a chunky sauce, not lasagna.

You do understand that lasagna needs layers right? :indifferent:
  • Dre8604
    Dre8604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Something to try! :-)