Any help out there?

Options
Despite sticking to the plan, I haven't lost any wright for months. I am 145 pounds and set my daily calorie limit at 1350 plus I eat all of my exercise calories. I walk about 5 miles a day and do other exercise classes throughout the week, I move a lot. Why has the loss stopped? I have very gradually put on about 10lbs over about 8 months, what's happened ?? Any advice??

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You are not at a deficit. Try eating 1/2 your exercise calories back and make sure you are weighing everything you eat.
    Drink enough water.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell without seeing a diary -- but barring any medical condition that makes your body not work like human bodies are designed to, it sounds like you're overestimating your exercise calories. If you're gaining 1.25 pounds a month, then you're eating a surplus of about 1100 calories a week. Dropping your total intake by about 280 calories a day from whatever it is now, without changing your physical activity, should reverse the trend and get you losing about a pound a month.
  • elianama
    elianama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you tried yoga? In less than a year yoga (hot / power / vinyasa yoga) took me from where I was stuck for a couple years - in the 140s - to my ideal weight of 130. More importantly, I am a toned 130. I know how frustrating it feels to be working as hard as you can, and still, <soup Nazi voice> no progress for you! </soup Nazi voice>. I was starting to believe my age was to blame and that I was getting too old to lose weight (slowing metabolism and all that yadada). Changing up my routine worked miracles. It could be you've already tried yoga, but I'm just putting it out there! Good luck!!!
  • bygblu21
    bygblu21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hate to see people restricting their caloric intake to this level. It is unnecesaary and can actually have the reverse effect! Not to mention diet alone is not the solution to weight loss. Im not sure what your overall fitness level is, but assuming since you seem active and walk 5 miles a day, you are fairly fit and healthy, you need to step it up a bit. Walking is great but your not really burning calories. You need to eat more(healthy and clean) and workout harder. try starting with eating clean proteins such as grilled chicken fish etc. Limit but don't eliminate your carb intake, your body needs some carbs. Then load up on fresh veggies. As far as exercise, you need to get that heart rate up. That's when youll burn those! If you eat clean, and more calories, youll have more energy to workout a little harder. the harder you work, the more calories you burn. I would love to help you out if your interested. Im on FB, Rob Sperruggia, friend me and we'll talk.