PB2 Peanut Butter Powder - Yay or Nay?

Options
So, I just came across the PB2 Peanut Butter Powder
http://www.bellplantation.com/products/4-pack-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter.html

Have any of you guys tried it ? Its only 45 cal /2tbsp , as opposed to the regular 180 cal / 2tbsp of regular peanut butter !

Yay or Nay ?

Replies

• amorthee
    amorthee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love PB2! Then again I'm obsessed with peanutbutter. I think it lacks all the good stuff in real peanutbutter. I do use it for my fix, on a banana for a low calorie treat.
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love it for the flavor of peanut butter mixed in a protein shake, or gluten free oatmeal, on a banana but never tried it plain. I love it, great to add extra protein in your diet.
  • readsbooks
    readsbooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of PB2 but I sure would like to try it. guess i'll check that web page. thanks for the info.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love PB, but I don't eat it as much because it of the calories and really nothing nutritional for my needs right now.

Finally found PB2 last week, definitely not perfect, but very awesome for I thought it was going to be.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    it you use it to mix into stuff cookies, protein shake etc

YAY

if you use it as peanutbutter like a PB&J

NAY
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and put it in my oatmeal in the morning. I don't think I want to try anything artificial, but it sounds like many of you like it.
  • wowgirl30
    wowgirl30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really like it sprinkled on apple slices. Its not artificial...just powdered peanut with a little salt/sugar added.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, give it a try.
  • omariea
    omariea Posts: 11
    Options
    LOVE PB2! I have the chocolate version and it's awesome. And actually it's not artificially flavored...it's really just peanuts with most of the fat taken out of it. I also eat healthy fat like almond butter, but when I want some more flavor in my protein shakes without extra fat or calories, PB2 does the job. I agree with the guy earlier who said it's not great for using as actual PB though (sandwiches, etc).

Give it a try! Why not?
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Love it, pb2 and honey sandwiches :)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

YAY

NAY

Heyyy I finally get to use this....QFT....LOL
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • brenwiese
    Options
    PB2 is yah!!! There's also one at Trader Joes Called Not quite Peanut Butter that you refrigerate that is good. More calories and a little sweeter than real pb but much better for you.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic. It can also be found as what it really is, "partially defatted peanut flour".
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    love it and now they sell it at walmart,. The kids loves it s well.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options

YAY

NAY

Heyyy I finally get to use this....QFT....LOL

Double QFT!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you're cool with added sugar and salt, go for it. The stuff's like crack.

But if you're willing to buy plain old defatted peanut flour, it's the same thing with nothing added. You'll pay MUCH less and you can add your own sweetness if you so desire.

Just look for peanut flour if you're interested. :)
  • LittleLinder
    LittleLinder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good protein shake recipe to use with PB2? I'de love to start using it. I made a protein shake today trying to mimic a mocha frappucino and it was NOT good. Would really like something that actually tastes good. Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • courtneytrisha
    courtneytrisha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried regular pb2 but the chocolate one is AMAZING!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I bought some and it's pretty good in smoothies and that sort of thing, but I kind of don't see the point honestly. You have to use a lot (in my opinion) and I'd rather just have like 1/2 Tbsp of natural peanut butter in anything that I'd use 2+ Tbsp of PB2 for. Also I don't think the chocolate PB2 has any hint of chocolate flavor. JMHO.