Looking for raw vegan and vegetarian friends

Options

Replies

• shannllew
    shannllew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm vegan for 6+ years and dairy free/red meat free just over 7 years. I'm interested as well in making friends with other vegetarian minded people. I love MFP and need a few new friends to support and reach out to in return also!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feel free to add ne, vegan for almost 9 years and anybody is free to add me.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian since 1999 but I'm not vegan. I love my cheese.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    they are not necessarily bad, they just lose some nutritional value when cooked.
    a raw vegan diet can do wonders to detox all the bad stuff from your body.
    when i get my finances and can afford a trip or several to a nutritionist, i plan on doing a raw vegan diet of fruit veg nuts and seeds to get rid of toxins to repair my damaged bladder and esophagus.
    i am also in recovery so my diary can be kind of crazy, but feel free to add if you would like just include a message or i will prolly ignore it.
    have been vegetarian the past 11 years, trying to work on more raw food intake
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Why? Do you plan on eating your friends?
  • surrealistique
    Options
    Ive been a Vegetarian for about 8 years, and I go on spurts of Veganism :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    forks over knives is a great documentary if you would like to watch it, talks about raw diet/vegan/vegetarian diets and how they can cure or undo diseases like type 2 diabetes and some cancers, as well as heart problems (mind you these are usually because of ****ty diets to begin with so it's a no brainer eating raw and clean will undo these conditions). but it's a really cool documentary if you haven't seen it already
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I was vegan for about 5 years and am now vegetarian... I still only eat cheese and occasionally eggs though, no milk or ice cream. I started taking fish oil recently too because I have depression which worsened while vegan, and it can help stave off all of my family's major hereditary diseases so I personally didn't want to take the risk on plant sources. This probably makes me pescatarian to many, but I don't eat fish so there's no reason for me to identify as that imo. To me labels are just there for convenience...and I do whatever I want. lol I'm trying to eat more raw veg, and having a FL helps keep me on my toes!
  • TeaAddictedGeek
    TeaAddictedGeek Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle vegan here, past 7.5 years. I love raw but I do best with raw when I'm super active. Otherwise I tend to vary anywhere between 30-90% raw on any given day.
  • nyr22kloucek
    Options
    I just started the vegan lifestyle a week ago. I have tried going vegetarian in the past but didn't see the results I wanted over time. I have a feeling the dairy was part of my issue. I am loving the process of finding fun recipes and have been really enjoying my sprouted bean/seed salads. I look forward to exploring the varieties I can introduce into my new (semi raw) vegan lifestyle.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    All the friends you want, in this group, here....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/2078-eating-to-live
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fat fluffy cat as my picture, but I do have a tiny white dog... :)

I have attempted the vegan lifestyle (last summer), but I liked cheese too much -- so it didn't work out.

Then I became a vegetarian and lived that way for about 6+ months. In the end, with my schedule and everything going on in my life, I wasn't getting enough protein, so at the advice of many people I added fish and chicken back into my diet. I try to only eat the free-range/cruelty-free/organic chicken though. Therefore, I believe you would call me a Pesco-Pollitarian...or something like that.

Also, I eat 95% gluten free!

With all that said -- I still eat A LOT of vegan and vegetarian dishes even though I am neither.

Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a veggie with vegan leanings as well.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am vegan!! I am not fully raw, but probably at least 80% raw! Feel free to add me. I am always looking for friends who are like minded
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian if any of you want to add me. :) I make crazy recipes...
  • Veganmafia
    Veganmafia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    vegan here! feel free to add, always looking for new veg heads too:flowerforyou:
  • hollyglanville0912
    Options
    Hello! I'm vegetarian, have been for about 15 years now... Feel free to add me anyone that wants support!

A question for all you veggie lovers... How do you get your protein intake? I am trying to increase protein and lower carbs but I am struggling to find a veggie source of protein that doesn't whack the carbs up too... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! ????
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Would love to try vegan-ism on ethical grounds... love animals, but also love my meat diet :(

Vegan-ism I find very HARD to understand and meal choices seem so limited. As a former KFC lover I can at least say I do not eat there anymore due to horrendous stories on how the chickens are slaughtered.

I'd like to add some vegan friends, just so I can have a peak at their meal choices.
  • RoBalance
    RoBalance Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, I used to be raw vegan. I managed an entire year (although I planned for life). I eat anything now (apart from sugar and haggis, lols). So if you have any questions then feel free to ask.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, fellow vegetarian here! I would love new friends