Is this me??

Options
Danam48
Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
I had a wedding to attend this weekend and we all know what that means.. lots of dreaded pictures! This time was different for me, I didn't shy away to the back row and felt like a million bucks in my new dress. Couldn't wait to see the pictures. Then when I saw them I was a little bit in shock.. Is that really me? It was almost the same denial feeling I used to get when I looked at my pictures before the weight loss. My brain has definitely not caught up with my body, but I was just so excited I had to share here what 120 pounds gone looks like! I see other people's success stories on here and its weird that I don't relate right away. Then I say to myself.. Wait a minute.. I have done that too!! Woo hoo!

I was at my heaviest weight in the first picture at 309 and my current weight is 190. I am 5"10" and am down from a Size 24 to a 14. I still have a ways to go but I feel amazing!
Suggestion to anyone who hasn't taken progress pics yet. JUST DO IT--it really helps!

120pounds_zps145d91bc.jpg

Replies

• sharon75uk
    sharon75uk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done with your weight loss :)
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! You look wonderful. I am in the same boat as you. I have lost quit a bit of weight but like you said my mind hasn't caught up to my body. When I go shopping in stores I still go into the plus size department, because I still don't feel like I lost as much as I have. I know this must sound crazy. I still haven't taken the plunge to take pictures yet. After reading your post maybe I will now. Thanks~
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    You are amazing! that is a huge milestone! congrats
  • norahs45
    norahs45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cannot see the after picture just the before:(
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Is it you? Cause I don't know.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see your after pic(s)!

I was at 307 in 2008 and right now I'm at 218. My before photo was a lot like yours, big but pretty girl...I am dying to see what you look like now!!!

ETA: Derp! I saw your photo. I think you look awesome!!!!!
  • allangirl
    allangirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    First off the dress is a pretty colour. Secondly, congratulations on achieving success and sharing. You have every right to be proud.
  • jenslife82
    Options
    I can't see the after picture but congratulations on the loss! 120lbs is fantastic!
  • Danam48
    Options
    I don't know why the after picture didn't post!! So frustrating here is the after... why couldn't I get them side by side... too big?

6011838d-5c3d-4114-ad29-0ed9d6106289_zps27658427.jpg
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    my goodness you look so tiny!!! congrats
  • TBates14
    TBates14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So awesome, what an inspiration!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look great. Good job
  • darryl771
    darryl771 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG.. Wow, I am so proud of you! You are gorgeous!! :D
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! You look great! :)
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love your dress!
  • kkenney73
    kkenney73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING and so inspiring!!!
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    Oh wow! If that's what 190 looks like I might be happy when I get to 180 lmao. Simply amazing! :drinker: Love the dress too!!
  • carlydawn101
    Options
    how do you guys do it!!!!
  • haunstar
    haunstar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    stunning!
  • Danam48
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. the dress was definitely a splurge, but I figured that I have been shopping in thrift stores for the past 18 months since I was changing sizes so fast that I deserved something nice for this occasion. I felt a little guilty, but it was worth every penny! :) A girls gotta treat herself right?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!