how are you going to celebrate

Options
2»

Replies

• aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I plan on buying a new wardrobe. And I also plan on lounging by the pool next summer in a bikini. =D

If I were you, I would reward myself with a new workout outfit. The gentleman who posted that is right on. Or new shoes, since you said you needed them! Keep up the amazing work!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great topic!

Well for me, one of the reasons i wanted to get into shape was to enjoy the things i have been missing out on! So far, for my mini milestones... i've gone camping, hiking bought a new outfit (to show of my figure and not to just hide behind my old baggy clothes). I think for my 50 I want to get my teeth whitened. It's not like i have big giant yellow chompers... but it's one of those things i've always wanted to do (for real, at the dentist) that i think would give me some confidence.

Excited to hear what you choose!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    As I'm approaching my 50LB milestone it got me wondering how do i celebrate it. I know that in the past i would celebrate all accomplishments with drinks and dinner. And there is nothing wrong with that, but if you go on a diet and then celebrate with something you gave up doesn't that defeat the purpose. I would like some new clothes, but I have goals of losing more weight and that would mean the new clothes i buy wouldn't fit then so i'm hold off on that. I'd like to know of any suggestions you may have and how you celebrated or are planning to celebrate.

I celebrate with drinks and dinner. But I haven't given up anything other than eating too much. I still eat the same foods I ate last year, I just eat less. I have a cheese course with dinner once or twice a week, instead of 3-4 times. I have one slice of toast for breakfast, not two. I cut back on the after-work snacks. I eat less meat and more veggies. But I figure that from time to time, I just need to let things go.

But then, I think of my calorie goal as a weekly target, not a daily target. Today I'm 500 calories over goal, but I'll do a long bike ride tomorrow and burn 1200-1500 calories, then aim to be 500 calories under goal for the day. As long as things balance out in the long run, I can enjoy a day of indulgence. I got fat because most of my days were days of indulgence; I've lost weight because I decided to indulge rarely and to incorporate my indulgent days into an overall plan.

Congratulations on that milestone! And celebrate however you want, just log any calories and take them into account in the long run.
  • nypa96
    nypa96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I reach 70# my goal is to hike Mt. Marcy (the highest mountain peak in New York State). It is over 12 miles up. I thought the best way to mark my goals is doing something that I never thought I could do. Something to talk about for years to come. And of course i am doing it with my best friend!
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've just started my journey, my first reward was getting a cookbook, then I rewarded myselft this week (sticking to things for 4 weeks) with a barbell, steps, weight plates and an exercise mat. I think I will continue with the weight loss assistance rewards (exercise gear, HRM, new running shoes, etc) and then add some indulgent things at the major milestones.

I am a reasonably good saver, so am definitely going to indulge in a new wardrobe, but I do think I will get some new things along the way too, if you have a lot too lose no use walking around in the same tents (even if there is a lot more room in the tent!).

I like nypa96's idea too - I had a lot of trouble keeping up with friends on hikes when camping, a couple I remember only doing half while the rest of the party got to the end (water holes to swim in). It would be nice to do the things, I know I could not accomplish before.

I have one tattoo, and I have thought about another one, so that is an option too.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    A pair of dream running shoes.

Since, I'm at the end of my losing journey I'll also indulge in a slice of pumpkin pie loaf by starbucks (70 pounds lost in all)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!