Being Insane, Still Train, but Gain .... the Blame?

Options
I started Insanity workout 3-4 times per week about 1.5 weeks ago, on top of my daily 1 hr cycles and 40 mins of circuit training, and yet seem to have gained about 600g-1kg since starting

I had also slightly increased my calorie intake, but only by 70cal and it was only through having slightly more tofu, thus no carb (or very, very little anyway)

I would like to think that this gain is either:
- my body adjusting to a new workout
- my body adjusting to slightly higher calorie intake, albeit a relatively small increase
- simply due to the fact that its TOM atm
- gaining 'muscle' - which i know is quite impossible in only 1.5 weeks

Or is it just simply that i have gained fat from eating more?
My increased exercise has (in theory) more than compensated for the increase in calories, and im still always well, well below my goal (by several hundred calories)

BUT more to the point - will it go away? As in, if it is my body readjusting, will it eventually go back to where it 'started out' weight wise?

Thanks for all opinions and recommendations!

Replies

• mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would give it a couple more weeks.
    salt intake high?
    are you eating enough to fuel your workouts?
  • tiddlebit11
    Options
    My salt intake is extremely low actually - only about 80mg a day
  • CSJAN12014
    Options
    I'm no expert here but.... 3500 calories = 1 lb or about 500 grams
    If you stepped up calorie intake by 70 calories over 10 days that's only 700 total = 100 grams
    No way are you gaining by overeating... based on that

With the level of activity you are doing i would think 'under-eating' is more likely

10 days isn't very long, so see how it continues but you definitely need to fuel some of your amazing exercise routines!!!
    (Well done for those BTW!!!)

It's definitely a tricky balancing act :-)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best thread title I have seen yet. :bigsmile:

Seriously, weight fluctuations are normal. Just do you workouts and stay off the scale for awhile. I have a feeling you're doing just fine. :smile:
  • tiddlebit11
    Options
    Any other thoughts, anyone?
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Water gain?

When you try new exercises and your muscles retain some water as they recover.. I'm not expert, but some people have told me that I'd expect some gain after a strong, muscle focused, workout that I've never done before..

Maybe it's that? And maybe someone who really knows more about it could explain it.. I don't want to say silly things :flowerforyou:
  • tiddlebit11
    Options
    Thanks!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi again, bumping for you but also thought it might be a good idea to ask here:

What are your goals?

(the Eat Train Progress group might also be a good place to post the question - but they will ask you a lot of questions first about TDEE, TDEG and history)