Protein peanut butter balls SO GOOD. (no bake)

Options

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My mouth really started watering:) Sounds good.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Oh I misunderstood... if you're eating them to replace candy, cool. But there's no way I could eat that to try and make protein targets is what I was trying to say. But yeah, better than regular candy recipes I'm sure.
  • MimiCro
    MimiCro Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    maybe put more scoops of protein?
  • andread67
    andread67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump...Thanks=)
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, you could maybe put 1 1/2-2 scoops in instead of just one. I don't have a problem with the cals, seeing as I have problem reaching my calorie goal. But the SUGAR is my problem. I always go over sugar, but for this I can see myself cheating for later down the road.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :)
  • datagram40
    datagram40 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bookmarked!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    When I run all that through the recipe thing, that recipe has to make 24 balls for them to be 56 calories each... and each one only has 2g protein :indifferent:

IMHO, for something to be a "protein" snack it should have close to 1g protein for every 10 calories. I'd want to see about 5g protein for 56 calories... and that 56 calories must be the size of a small marble :ohwell:

Exactly. It's frustrating that every time I see a peanut butter recipe they are always off on the calculations. I have to give credit to the OP this time, this one is closer in accuracy than the others I've seen to be a treat instead of a protein snack.
  • sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wonder if using pb2 would help lower the calories, and use more protein powder.
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    Try that variation and let us know! I'm not trying to purposely mislead anybody, BTW. I got the nutritional info from the blog that posted it. I tried it, it's delicious, and I thought I'd share it :]
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I'm usually quite good a overhauling a recipie to make it fit what ever is needed. I can't, with this item, increase the protein without greatly increasing the calories. I guess that's why stuff like this doesn't fit into my food repertiore. Snacky snacks are not usually low carb and low cal.

Easy, just use more protein powder. Leave out the oats if you want, or the honey, esp if your protein powder is sweetened.

I use equal parts pb and protein powder (plain/unflavored in my case) and enough water to make it into a dough-like consistency. They are awesome. You can really make these any combo of macros you want.
  • Amalthea8284
    Amalthea8284 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ...just don't waste your time in the grocery store looking for WHOLE WHEAT OATS....
  • MinnesotaYogaGirl
    Options
    I love your balls!! LOL I'm eating them right now! Except I only rolled 12 BIG balls for 110 calories each!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Save
  • pikle1
    pikle1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a recipie similar to this and since they r not being cooked you can add hemp hearts and ground flax seeds.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump. Totally trying this out!
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump