I get hungry in the middle of the night.

Options
I've lost 45 lbs and I am currently 220 and 5'11. I work out 5 days a week. 10-30 mins of cardio (depending on the day) And 1-2 hrs of weight lifting (depending on the day).

Well my problem is now in the middle of the night my body will wake me up and tell me to go eat something. Usually its something like nuts or a random carb. Sometimes its fruit snacks or what ever else i find in my daze.

Well my question is does anyone else have this problem. And how have you fought that late night hunger?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    try a little protien before you go to bed.

With me it my blood sugar drops around 3am, but I find if I have a little something before bed it helps.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It happens on occasion. I'll get up and have a glass of milk.

Seems to do the trick.
  • Nano911
    Nano911 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing... I am considering adding some casein protein before I go to bed. It is supposed to keep you fueled longer. Good Luck!!
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I just ignore it and try to go back to sleep (usually takes 2-3 hours), then I wake up late and feel so tired I don't have the energy to workout. What gives?
  • Soapbox
    Soapbox Posts: 38
    Options
    I have heard water can help too. But its hard in a sleepy daze to think to drink water instead of the food you crave.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Happens to me only when workout for long periods 2-3 hrs. Noticed also that looking at my diary that didn't have enough carbs the previous day.Body is low on fuel and muscles have used up all the reserves and need food. Solution eat more carbs during the day and won't have problem. Agree also with "alittle" protien before bed will help, but won't solve issue!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    have a water bottle filled and sitting next to your bed. mine sits on my dresser every night and its about 1.5 cups down every morning. this way you dont even have to get out of bed. fill your stomach with water and just fall right back asleep.

also a small bit of protein before bed might be a good idea. or a piece of fruit, it could be low blood sugar in the middle of the night.
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Are you working out at night?
  • Soapbox
    Soapbox Posts: 38
    Options
    No i work out usually around 9 -10am tuesday, wednesday, thursday and monday friday its around 1-3pm