Cheese!!

Options
What are some things that you cheese addicts (I know you are out there) substitute to fill your cravings. I always go over my calories because of cheese! It has to stop!

Replies

• Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    if I am cooking an omlette/eggs (where I use the MOST cheese) I put in minced garlic and salsa or frans red hot instead.Otherwise I peel a cheese stick to stay within portion sizes :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like cheese...eat it everyday...I just make it fit.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Try cottage cheese, its really low and high in protein!!!

I just ate a whole tub for lunch, with ryvita's, slices of ham & toms - My fav : )
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I use lots of spices in my cooking and make sure that I occasionally (once a week or so) have the calories free for a decent size chunk of mature crumbly Cheddar or something similar *drool*
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for cheese. I make it fit!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I like cheese...eat it everyday...I just make it fit.

This! I get it in there!
    I've recently tried Mozarella cheese for a lower calorie cheese.

My fave is an oats breakfast with cheddar cheese, salt and pepper! Mmm.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for real cheese. So I eat cheese. And cut calories from elsewhere if necessary.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I buy pre-sliced cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches, cheese on toast etc- it keeps the portion small, but still satisfying. It can be an expensive way of doing it, but cheese still lasts the same amount of time as I'm using less per meal.

BUT I have been known to still eat a whole baked camembert, just got to make it fit in your week if you really want it :)

Edit- by pre-sliced I mean sliced real cheese like cheddar, gouda, edam, masdaam etc, not those yukky orange processed slices of grossness that other people call cheese!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Cheese.

That said, here are a couple of tips. I know this will sound awful to other cheese lovers and I thought it was stupid at first, but I stopped putting it in or on things that you won't really taste it. Like spicy chili. You can't really taste the cheese so just let it be chili. I also skip things like cheese and crackers and instead just eat a couple of chunks of cheese by themselves. Hope that helps a little!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,104 Member
    Options
    I simply eat less cheese. I weigh out a portion serving and eat that. If I could not eat all the things I like I would never have any success. My guess is your eating too much cheese is the problem, not that you are simply eating cheese.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for real cheese. So I eat cheese. And cut calories from elsewhere if necessary.

Yep, I don't substitute at all. If anything I just eat less of it.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Eat more cheese, and eat less of something else. Who needs bread, or fatty red meat, or chocolate when you have CHEESE?!
  • lindsaymouse
    Options
    I never write on these things, but God I love cheese, so I felt compelled.

I agree with some of the other posters - just make it fit. Life without cheese would suck. Something I like to do is use a softer but more flavorful cheese (like goat cheese for example). You don't have to use very much of it to feel like you're getting some delicious cheese action, and it's spreadable! A little goes a long way, and it's a little better for you since it's made from goats' milk.

Also, as far as I know, feta has less fat/calories than other cheeses, so that's also a good choice. You can sprinkle some into salads, onto fried eggs, pizza, etc. without feeling quite as bad as when you accidentally eat a whole block of extra sharp white cheddar :X.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    but I stopped putting it in or on things that you won't really taste it. Like spicy chili. You can't really taste the cheese so just let it be chili.

That's actually a good tip!
    I also loved to add cheese to everything. But eventually it works out to too many calories.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I buy smelly cheeses and sniff them. That way I'm disgusted by cheese and want nothing to do with it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I buy smelly cheeses and sniff them. That way I'm disgusted by cheese and want nothing to do with it.

Lol.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    add wine, I am in!
    YUM!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I use stronger cheese so then I can eat less of it but still feel satisfied, so have been eating blue cheese recently-it is strong!
  • nucreeman
    Options
    There is no substitute for cheese. I make it fit!
    Yeah,....I'd ratther workout harder and just enjoy the cheese.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    There is no compromising for cheese with me. When the new shipment of Comte comes to my favorite fromagerie, then Skinny Cow, or whatever people substitute for cheese, just won't do.

I have 1.5 oz of cheese every day. EVERY DAY. There's protein and fat, both macros I'm trying to hit a minimum number of.