Trying to lose 150 pounds...

Options
Hi, my name is Litha. I am a mother of 3 and a wife.

I am 150 pounds overweight (well a little less now that I've been working out and watching my caloric intake). I have PCOS and it makes it very difficult to lose weight. In the past I was discouraged when I'd do the same workout as someone else and eat the same calories, yet they'd lose more pounds than I would. That would make me stop and discourage me.

Now I have decided to take the focus off of "diet" and "exercise" and make it a life choice to be healthy, with a twist. I am exercising (of course) but with the goal of getting healthy with more mobility, and not the focus of losing weight, which means if I only lose a pound in a month... that's okay! I am also not "dieting"... I am eating what I want when I want but the only difference is... I'm stopping when I'm satisfied (not when I'm full). I have found that I eat 1/2 as much if not a 1/3 as much food as I did by doing this. So my caloric intake is where my endocrinologist said he wanted it (between 1000 to 1500 calories a day).

I just began this journey, so if there is anyone out there who wants to add me as a pal to help encourage me and keep me from giving up again, I'd very much appreciate it!

God Bless,
Litha

Replies

• tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can add me I statered in June 2013 with 175 lbs to lose...I am now down almost 70. I log daily and like to see others succeed. I am also a mommy so I know how hard it can be :)
  • linzchapates
    Options
    You can add me, I'm a mom and understand how difficult this lifestyle can be! I try to focus on the things I can control right here and now as oppose to looking at the big overall number. I can control what I eat and how I exercise and by doing these small things I can work towards losing the weight! Best of luck in your journey, with a little hard work and a little luck you'll be feeling proud and accomplished in no time!
  • heatherbear07
    heatherbear07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I am in the same boat... Keep up the good work!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just for a little extra motivation, click on the "Search" button above and search the forum for PCOS success stories. There are quite a few that persevered despite the typical issues associated with PCOS and weight loss.
  • gettinmeback143
    gettinmeback143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow...I think you're my twin! About 150 to lose and a wife/mom of 3 with PCOS. Best of luck to you!! :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have it right this time around :) feel free to add me, I always love having new friends to get/give encouragement!
  • angelred4kids
    angelred4kids Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't usually post or add strangers but I also need to loose about a hundred pounds and was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so my focus is on eating better and exercising to keep the sugar under control. Loosing weight will be a bonus! I am a mom too although only one teenager left at home but we homeschool and life is hectic!

Let's encourage each other!

~Angel
  • heismystrength413
    Options
    Thank you everyone! If you told me I could add you, I sent you a request :) Thanks so much for the encouragement!
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    Good for you! And good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me for support. :)
  • alex1rave
    Options
    hi I'm trying to loose 5st lost 1st just by knocking out wheat which is hard as its in most things but feel healthier for it