how long do you exercise in a day?

13»

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    I JUST started exercising Saturday and I'm hella-out of shape. I started the Couch to 5K program which has me going for a half hour at this point. It's supposed to be three times a week, but I'm trying to cram a week and a half into this week because I'll be at a convention this weekend and almost certainly won't do it.

Seems the average of MFPers do half/one hour of cardio and/or half hour of weights. That's a long time...
  • soulgirl26
    soulgirl26 Posts: 5 Member
    I work out for 60 to 90 minutes, 5 or 6 days a week. I love the arc trainer because it's gentle on my large frame and I burn a lot of calories, (I actually got a heart monitor just to be accurate on my count). In summation: 60 minutes on the arc trainer 5 or 6 days a week and 30 minutes on the "30 minute express" at Planet Fitness 3 days a week.
  • Mon - Fri, I go to the gym in the mornings for 30 min cardio. Sometimes I can squeeze in 40. In the evenings Mon, Wed, Fri - I do strength training and weights for 1/2 - 45 minutes. If Wed is a bad day, I'll do dance for 1/2 hr to break the monotony. Tues and Thurs eves I'll do cardio again or take a nite off =)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I try to exercise for at least 30 mintues a day. That being said I've been training for a half marathon and my training plan often dictates more than 30 mintues exercise on a given day. There are rest days on the schedule and I've probably only taken about 1/2 of them, at most, because I like having the extra calories in my calorie budget.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    anywhere from 15 minutes of HIIT training to a full 1.5 hr lift session ... follow up those with 45-75 minutes of dance. I do that 5 days a week on average.
  • It varies between 15 minutes to 90 minutes of Ashtanga yoga which is an athletic style. I also walk my dog every day for 30 minutes, she's a tiny little thing and can't handle much more than that. I also indoor rock climb with my husband once a week and we are at there anywhere from 1-3 hours. If I'm cranky I'll do an interval workout on the treadmill or elliptical with my music way too loud to blow off some steam.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    I generally walk an hour to an hour and a half (total time walking to and from my gym, and perhaps the grocery store), as well as spend about 1.5 hrs in the gym lifting stuff. I'm at the gym 5 x per week, and get out for the brisk walks daily.
  • 4x a week gym for 90 minutes, mixture of cardio and weigh training
    1x a week personal training session for 60 mins - boxing, circuits, sprints,
    the other 2 days light walks
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    25 minutes.
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    30-60 minutes 3 days a week (non-lift days)
    60-120 minutes 3 days a week (lift days)
    1 day a week is whatever I want so usually 0-30 min.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 229 Member
    I do 60 min of Kick boxing 4 times a week. run 60-80 minutes 3 days a week and bike for 60 minutes every day (except Sunday) I really enjoy working out and with the variety I am working as many muscles as possible. Sundays I call my day off but I usually go for a walk for about an hour. After a while you get to the point that the day is not complete without at least 45 minutes of moving somehow.