Anybody doing the Herbalife diet

Options

Replies

• nevarezerica30
    Options
    does anybody know what is better to mix with cookies and cream shake? soy or skim milk? or does it taste good with water only? I well be starting herbalife next week.

Thanks
  • kat239
    kat239 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well said DannMP31, totally agree just selling the product!
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Certainly not true in my case DannMP31 and kat239, I am using Herbalife as part of my calorie tracking, not selling anything and am doing really well, thank you !!

If nothing else in this life I have learned that there is always more than one solution to a problem and to respect different solutions :)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    a request for all people who want to be healthy:

no weight loss product (herbal life) can help u lose pounds because i have used one (HCG) and i am talking from experience.

DIet and Exercise equals weight loss.

regards.
    :smile:
  • gmoskash
    gmoskash Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Herbalife!! Are any of you working with your weight loss coaches? I joined the business side of Herblife this year because I needed the discount and I offer the discount to most of my clients! Do any of your coaches do anything like that? Anyway I do most of my business online, Facebook and by text and phone. I have lost over 80 lbs on it and now only have 50 left to my goal.

For the person worried after 4 days results vary. What kind of exercise do you do? You should make sure you have fruit and protein or veggie and protein for your snack and a well balanced dinner. I do have sample meal plans if anyone wants one message me. I used the exercise videos for my exercise so you may want to talk to your coach about it.

Hi Denise - do you mind messaging me a diet plan? I ordered shakes and some other things, vitamins and something else and the only direction I've been given is two shakes a day, plus snacks; i'm looking for a little boost to get my metabolism going and my motivation going too.

I run about three days a week, 1-2 miles each time so i'm a little concerned that I may not get enough calories to keep me going, please advise.

thank you!!

Gabbie
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those who swear by Herbalife: what is the difference between having a 300 calorie shake and a 300 calorie prepared meal? You can get all your nutrients from food if you eat healthy. Also, if you eat with a deficit within the correct calorie limit for your body, you will lose weight. Plain and simple, no extra money put out.

Herbalife is not magic, just as no product is.

What I perceive as happening is that people are consuming way less calories than they are burning, thus they are losing weight at an extremely fast rate. That doesn't seem healthy to me.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm a big Atkins/low carb believer so I've heard it myself about diets that people don't think should be sustained as a lifestyle...but I totally rolled my eyes at "cellular nutrition". GMAFB.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    personally i have read ALOT of bad things about soy and to my understanding herbalife uses SOY protein.

Make your own decisions but id recommend looking into this if you havent already.

That's exactly what I thought too when I was looking into meal replacement shakes and I actually did look into Herbalife products as an option to have around.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Felix,

From the tone of your post, it seems to me you work at Herbalife or sell it or something.

In that case, maybe you can answer my question: what is the difference between a 220 calorie shake and a 220 calorie meal you have prepared yourself?

The only difference I can think of is I'd likely be hungry after the shake but not hungry after the meal.
    Why to give up, something that really keeps you healthy, wealthy AND young?
    No offense intended, but that statement is pure hyperbole. How can this "cellular nutrition" keep you wealthy when it costs a whole lot of money? Besides, the aging process is natural and no program is going to keep you young forever. As for "cellular nutrition", I'd rather eat well in moderation, exercise, and not drink a shake that makes other people a whole lot of money.

By the way, I just viewed some of your nutritional data sheet on an herbalife shake and fructose is number three in a long list of ingredients. Not good.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those who swear by Herbalife: what is the difference between having a 300 calorie shake and a 300 calorie prepared meal?

I'll answer that for you because I used to think the same thing.

-Did not lose weight/fat as quickly
    -Did not stay full on a 300 calorie meal in most instances
    -Since I didn't stay full I was more likely to snack on carbs since I felt I was lacking energy.
    -Was not getting as many nutrients calorie for calorie eating a low calorie meal.
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I could also ask the question - How does Slimming World work when for example you can eat unlimited protein on Red Days or pasta/rice etc on Green Days. I don't know the answer to these questions but for me Slimming World did not work at all although I saw some tremendous success from others. Herbalife does work for me and I am back at target weight after years of struggling

So I am going to stop worrying about the questions and just enjoy the success :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I have a question for those who swear by Herbalife: what is the difference between having a 300 calorie shake and a 300 calorie prepared meal?

-Since I didn't stay full I was more likely to snack on carbs since I felt I was lacking energy.
    -Was not getting as many nutrients calorie for calorie eating a low calorie meal.

I notice you have "did not lose weight/fat as quickly" first, thus this is the reason most people use "diets" at all. However, you do not lose fat on a diet, you lose fat through strength training and exercise.

I have a 200 or 300 calorie meal and I stay full until my mid-morning snack. I eat six meals a day which amount to around 1,600 or more calories a day and I have lost weight consistently according to what I set my goals to lose. Fast is never the answer unless you are obese and your doctor wants you to get your weight off as quickly as possible for heath reasons.

However, I wish you the best of luck. :smile:
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I notice you have "did not lose weight/fat as quickly" first, thus this is the reason most people use "diets" at all. However, you do not lose fat on a diet, you lose fat through strength training and exercise.

I have a 200 or 300 calorie meal and I stay full until my mid-morning snack. I eat six meals a day which amount to around 1,600 or more calories a day and I have lost weight consistently according to what I set my goals to lose. Fast is never the answer unless you are obese and your doctor wants you to get your weight off as quickly as possible for heath reasons.

When I say as quickly, I mean a health amount of weight per week, not like 10lbs or anything. 1-2lbs a week, before I lost and gained the same 5 pounds over two months despite exercising.

I don't like eating six or more times a day, I've gone that route too and it's just not my cup of tea, but best of luck to you.
  • manifesturself
    manifesturself Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started Herbalife today, despite all of the controversy that I read in this group. If anyone wants to be friends for support, please add me. I am hoping to lose the last 20 lbs with Herbalife. SW 185 CW 170 GW 145-155.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I buy Herbalife because I'm not a big fruit person. I get a lot more fruit in my diet when I can blend it up in smoothie form. So I do that and the extra 90 calories in the powder is worth it because of all the nutrients. If I don't make eggs for breakfast, I'll make an herbalife smoothie. OR if I'm craving a snack really bad in the afternoon I'll make a shake. I can do that with milk for 200 calories.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Fist Herbalife is NOT A DIET, it is cellular Nutrition; i.e. One Formula 1 Shake (ca.220 cal.) has a similar amount of Nutrition's like:
    Calcium like 2 yogurt's, Vitamin C like 1 Mandarin, Vitamin E like a Tablespoon of Sunflower Oil, Vitamin E like 100g of Cheddar Cheese, Kalium like 1 Banana, Protein like a pan fried Cod Fish Steak, Magnesium like 100g fresh Spinach and VitaminB3 like 90g roasted Lamb! I use Herbalife 13+ years lost 80 lbs. and gained lean muscle mass. My Chronological age is nearly 64, however my Metabolic age is 48 years only!!! My wife is using the Products 20+ years and she is 62+ and the Metabolic age is 46. She never had to lose weight, however through this fantastic Cellular Nutrition, she has NO MORE MIGREEN.

What ever (ignorant) people say, we will ALL Herbalife products and if we would be the ONLY ones. :-) Why to give up, something that really keeps you healthy, wealthy AND young?

Today, we are in the lucky position (by hard work) to HELP people around the Globe as experienced Wellness & Business Coaches. We accept orders and challenges from the whole world, delivery however will only be made to legally opened countries, where Herbalife is registered and has a distribution Centre in place. I trust you appreciate and understand this fact.

If you wish, you may contact me via Facebook (Felix Niederhauser) or via our FB site (Wellness Point Basel) in order to get more value adding information and coaching.

PS: Herbalife Distributors should contact their sponsor, and if he/she is not yet experienced enough simply go to your up-line till you get the answers to your questions. NB: Distributor Service is also capable and willing to help you.

Best regards and God bless

Felix

LMAO It is obviously a diet, it's undeniably an MLM scheme and you can achieve the same or better results simply by eating well and exercising.
  • alizville3
    Options
    I started about two weeks ago. It's going ok for now. Of course support helps when there are temptations at home. It's hard but I find myself feeling fuller and snacking less. Im going to start incorporating exercise this week. Hopefully all goes well. I like the support and advice that everyone gives here!
  • SLLRunner
    Options

When I say as quickly, I mean a health amount of weight per week, not like 10lbs or anything. 1-2lbs a week, before I lost and gained the same 5 pounds over two months despite exercising.

I don't like eating six or more times a day, I've gone that route too and it's just not my cup of tea, but best of luck to you.

1-2 pounds a week is not fast at all. A person can lose 1-2 pounds a week eating healthy and at a calorie deficit, thus I am confused as to why you do a liquid diet as opposed to a food diet if you are really losing weight that slow.

As for how often to eat- not the same thing works for everyone. Eating that often helps keep my blood sugar level.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

1-2 pounds a week is not fast at all. A person can lose 1-2 pounds a week eating healthy and at a calorie deficit, thus I am confused as to why you do a liquid diet as opposed to a food diet if you are really losing weight that slow.

As for how often to eat- not the same thing works for everyone. Eating that often helps keep my blood sugar level.

different strokes for different folks
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Herbalife diet is not only unsustainable but a complete waste of money. DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND LEARN ABOUT PROPER NUTRITION RATHER THAN SPENDING $200/month on TEAS and WORTHLESS PATHETIC MEAL REPLACEMENT/PROTEIN SHAKES. Their so-called 24 rebuild is $78 for worthless junk. You can get a 5lb tub of far better protein than that crap. Plus, who the hell wants to drink meal replacement meals twice a day. How about you eat REAL food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUIT BEING LAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!