Replies

• desertSNOUT
    Options
    >2013
    >Not saying 'Love-Child'
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I was conceived while my mom was married to someone other than my dad but was born after they were married...

Does that still technically make me a *kitten*?

Someone said that I was and I just want to clarify.
    Yes, you are. But not for this reason. :tongue:
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    That's probably not what makes you a *kitten*...
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    There once was a boy, we know as Jesus. He was conceived before his parents married. His dad was not his biological father. You are in good company :smile:

i love your answer

my mom didn't marry any guy she had five kids out of wed lock by two different guy one was a loser who walked away fast he created 4 kids. we were raised by my older brothers real dad. i couldn't be happier. no memories of the sperm donor. he could walk right by me and i would know ps my mom was smart to give us her last name
  • lupinibean
    Options
    I was conceived while my mom was married to someone other than my dad but was born after they were married...

Does that still technically make me a *kitten*?

Someone said that I was and I just want to clarify.

You're not, but the person who called you that is.
  • margieo1983
    margieo1983 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I think my cousin is technically a *kitten* (or whatever the female equivalent is) because her father was killed in Vietnam before she was born and the Catholic church refused to marry her parents before he shipped out that last time. They were married according to the state, but not the church. Either way, unmarried woman at the time of the birth.
    :noway:

The mother was a widow, so the child was, if anything, an orphan. Although with one living parent, not so much.

Also, who gives a flying feck?! It's not like your parents' legal status has any bearing on who you are as a person. I've known some right *kitten* whose parents had been married years before they were born.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    i'm so glad this is (largely?) a historical term of insult. hadn't thought about what someone might mean by it, using it in a strict sense - what an ugly word for an ugly idea.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Wait. Is this one of those math word-problems? You may not be a *kitten*, but you are definitely a jerk for trying to make me think.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i'm so glad this is (largely?) a historical term of insult. hadn't thought about what someone might mean by it, using it in a strict sense - what an ugly word for an ugly idea.

Ugly idea yes, but it did orginally serve a purpose. It was used to determine the passing on of property, land ownership & so forth. If someone was classed as a rightful heir or not. Although in those days if you were female you were out of luck when it came to that anyway.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

Ugly idea yes, but it did orginally serve a purpose. It was used to determine the passing on of property, land ownership & so forth. If someone was classed as a rightful heir or not. Although in those days if you were female you were out of luck when it came to that anyway.

There's that, of course!

I was thinking about how, in living memory (though in the distant past, so far away I'd forgotten it), kids of single moms just got reamed at school, suffered all kinds of judgement.. just awful.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options

There's that, of course!

I was thinking about how, in living memory (though in the distant past, so far away I'd forgotten it), kids of single moms just got reamed at school, suffered all kinds of judgement.. just awful.

Very true, as it happens I'm adopted & my teenage bio mum got sent off to a unmarried mother's home - in 1979! :noway: I couldn't believe it when I found that out. It seemed like something from the dark ages!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    BassTurd.gif

That's a trout.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

There's that, of course!

Very true, as it happens I'm adopted & my teenage bio mum got sent off to a unmarried mother's home - in 1979! :noway: I couldn't believe it when I found that out. It seemed like something from the dark ages!

My mother got married over the summer of her junior and senior years. She wasn't pregnant. Just married. She was expelled from school for it. She was a straight A student.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options

There's that, of course!

My mother got married over the summer of her junior and senior years. She wasn't pregnant. Just married. She was expelled from school for it. She was a straight A student.

That's nuts! I think they used to use the excuse that if girls were pregnant it would interfere with schooling, disrupt other students, & set a bad example. Seriously though a girl being married & a great grade student isn't exactly going to throw everyone up in arms.