Subway

Options
My hubby wants subway for dinner tonight, we are both counting calories and I think I'm going to get a veggie sub on wheat with no cheese, but I'm hoping it's filling...

What are some combinations of sandwiches you all get at Subway that are healthy and not too bad on calories?

Replies

• rockchick793
    rockchick793 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    black forest ham no cheese on 9 grain all my veggies and mustard, a little over 190, really good
  • christina1109
    Options
    I don't eat it because they use High Fructose Corn Syrup in their breads and then there is the sodium issue. Yucky.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water to combat the sodium today! Veggie may not be as bad though.
  • darcibean
    Options
    I just realized I posted this in "recipes" oops!!

Yeah I have drank a lot of water today already...thanks!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Add a piece of roasted chicken to the veggie subl....that will fill you up
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Pick something you like and log the calories! Enjoy.

http://www.subwaycalories.org/
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i will never ever ever eat sumway or quiznos again i had tuna from quiznoz and the cals were like 1200 it was awful u would be better off cooking or making ur own veggie sub !!
  • undoh
    undoh Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually get the oven roasted chicken on wheat with no mayo just tons of veggies and a lil mustard
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    WHAT???? there is high fructose corn syrup in their bread????? you know who else does, the frozen yogurt places. They say it's so healthy WRONG! I have to get the no sugar added variety, and even that isn't good for you it has ASPARTAME!!!!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    black forest ham no cheese on 9 grain all my veggies and mustard, a little over 190, really good

Wouldn't the bread itself bring you over 190?

Just saying, cuz I plugged it into the Subway calorie counter I linked below and it seems a sandwich like that would be ~236. That's still super low though.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    lots of the subs are already in the database here. I always eat turkey on wheat with cheddar, but drop the cheese for less calores. My sinful sandwiches are the chicken pizziola and the buffalo chicken (with light ranch) weighing in at approx. 450 calories apiece, which is a generaly good meal for me. As long as its under 500 I'm pretty happy. You could also go with flatbread instead, but you should definently look up these calories before you leave.

Short and sweet, the lowest calorie subs they have are : veggie delight, veggie patty, turkey, black forest ham and chicken, in that order.
  • christina1109
    Options
    WHAT???? there is high fructose corn syrup in their bread????? you know who else does, the frozen yogurt places. They say it's so healthy WRONG! I have to get the no sugar added variety, and even that isn't good for you it has ASPARTAME!!!!

It seems that most everything has some sort of artificial or processed sweetener in it these days.
  • darcibean
    Options

Wow, that's f'n awesome...lol THANKS!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    cold cut trio, hollow out the bread, no cheese, all veggies, sweet onion dressing. Same with the veggie delite.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I usually get oven roasted on 9 grain wheat with a ton of veggies and some cheese and sweet onion sauce. super good...only 350 cals. :D
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I get the veggie delight on whole wheat bread. I get provolone cheese, black olives, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and vinegar. Not much, but it's still yummy. The olives and pickles really give it flavor.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I always go straight for the veggie delight salad, no cheese and every single vegetable they offer!
    Topped with black pepper and red wine vinegar. :love:
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually get oven roasted on 9 grain wheat with a ton of veggies and some cheese and sweet onion sauce. super good...only 350 cals. :D

I do the same, its sooo soo soo tasty! Subway I think has to be my favortie fast food place. I just love sandwhiches.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I like Subway, but they are wayyyyy overpriced. $5 for a footlong that has 1 ounce of meat on it is a bit redic.

But my fav is oven roasted chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, salt, pepper, on that italian cheesy bread. Oh yea, and I have them add a bit of that sweet onion sauce.

I'll take Quiznos any day over Subway. Although I'd also be taking more calories, lol.