Celeb Crush As A Teen and How Obsessed Were You?

Options
ninjakitty419
ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
For me, it was Hanson. And then, as I got older and more sophisticated, the Backstreet Boys.

Here are some highlights to show the lengths of my and my best friend's obsession (keep in mind we were like 12):

*Buying every Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazine that had full page (or even better, full size posters!) of them. My walls, the sides of my bookshelves, even my CEILING was covered in BSB pictures. I had a scrapbook that I put all the little black and white pictures from the magazines in because for some reason, I thought that throwing away even the smallest picture was horrible and would make me not a TRUE fan

*Buying the imported CDs as well as the American ones, because the imports had additional songs

*Owning every single VHS tape ever made documenting their tours, concerts, and music videos

*Going to Burger King and getting the kid's meals so we could collect the BSB superhero toys

*Reading every magazine and book (didn't have the internet yet) about them and memorizing their birthdays, middle names, favorite color, favorite food, prefered brand of cologne, entire familys' first names

I could go on, but I think I have embarrassed myself enough. Your turn. Revive your former fan girl (or fan boy)!

GO!

Replies

• VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My obsession...Oasis.
    This obsession started in 1994 (I was 13).

My bedroom was covered (other than the ceiling) in posters/ticket stubs/newspaper articles.
    I owned every CD single and album.
    I went to see them live tonnes of times.
    I owned over 10 Oasis T-shirts
    I have "Liam" tattooed on my right ankle.
    I won a competition to interview Noel Gallagher on BBC Radio 1 in 2004

Yeah...I was pretty obsessed :laugh:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Mine was Eazy-E, omg, my walls and school books were covered with his posters/pics. Kinda embarrassing now :-)
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Johnathan Brandis OMG i loved him, i was gonna marry him then it was nick from backstreet boys i think i have a thing for blondes.
  • HermioneCantDraw
    Options
    When I was like 6, I saw Labyrinth for the first time, and I had little girl love for Jareth, the Goblin King, even though he is the villain. I might need to seek therapy, cause that never really went away. Though, its not so little girlish anymore...hehehe. Hem.

Then, When I was like, 14, I was completely infatuated with Orlando Bloom. I had a poster of him on my ceiling. First as Legolas, then as Will Turner, and oh lord, it goes on and on. I saw Pirates of the Carribean 8 times IN THEATRES.

At the same time, I was also in madly in love with Johnny Depp. I was a teenager. Read: Mindless hosebeast. I cannot be held accountable for my infatuation.

(Because I'm so much better now that I'm all grown up and twenty six and mooning over Darren Criss and Olivia Wilde ;-) )
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    You're making me show my age....I was obsessed with Eddie Van Halen... OMG, he was hot back in the day. :blushing:

Eddie-Van-Halen-van-halen-589163_696_800_zps41a2a6a3.jpg
  • ValerieS1122
    ValerieS1122 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was like 6, I saw Labyrinth for the first time, and I had little girl love for Jareth, the Goblin King, even though he is the villain. I might need to seek therapy, cause that never really went away. Though, its not so little girlish anymore...hehehe. Hem.

Then, When I was like, 14, I was completely infatuated with Orlando Bloom. I had a poster of him on my ceiling. First as Legolas, then as Will Turner, and oh lord, it goes on and on. I saw Pirates of the Carribean 8 times IN THEATRES.

At the same time, I was also in madly in love with Johnny Depp. I was a teenager. Read: Mindless hosebeast. I cannot be held accountable for my infatuation.

(Because I'm so much better now that I'm all grown up and twenty six and mooning over Darren Criss and Olivia Wilde ;-) )
  • ValerieS1122
    ValerieS1122 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I loved Jareth. I still get all googly eyed watching Labyrinth <---all time favorite movie!

But yes, I loved almost every backstreet boy too. :-)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i liked marky mark but never obsessed
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Trent Reznor in video to Closer
    very
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I love me some selena gomez and victoria justice.......

oh wait, I thought you said who are my teenage celeb crushes

/endcreepmode
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Really gonna date myself here, but, Elinor Donahue from Father Knows Best -or- Raquel Welch.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    For me, it was Johnny Depp (back in the 21 Jump Street days). I had pics of him on my walls from the teen magazines. I also loved Platinum Blond and Duran Duran. Wow now I feel old! lol
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Leonardo Dicaprio :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Superhero_Leah
    Options
    Devon Sawa, I had posters of him up all over my room, lol
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    George Clooney from his ER days
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I was obsessed with Daniel Radcliffe. on a scale of 1/10 i'd say it was a 15.5/10.

I had memorabilia, wrote him letters, had all the posters, wrote myself as mrs. Radcliffe.. the whole craziness. haha
  • apinknightmare
    apinknightmare Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This guy:

1g0g3s.gif

It was about a level 7 obsession.
  • Goal175lbs
    Goal175lbs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Jami Gertz as Star in "The Lost boys".
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    In middle school I cranked it to Kelly Kapowski several times a day. Does that count as obsessed?
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Marty McFly........

as in platonic crush.....