petite girls

Options
Around 5 ft.

With calories set at around 1200 or higher. Tips? What are some of your fav. meals?

And what's worked best for you? Thanks (:

Replies

• gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft exactly and I am doing around 1350.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 4ft11

My daily calorie objective varies from 1300 to 1600 depending on my level of activity (calories burned) that day.

I tried to eat the least processed food as possible. I do my own cooking and pack my lunch and snacks for the office. I cooked on Sunday afternoon for the entire workweek.
    I started with my favorite meals and "evolve" them towards healthier versions. I believe on replacements

Soda and bottled juice with water, green tea and homemade fruit juice
    Fried items with baked ones
    white rice with brown rice and quinoa
    white pasta with whole grain pasta
    etc, etc, etc

I measure and weight all food ingredients and I use MFP food and exercise log. It has been great help
    Good luck in your journey
  • Pnutcashew
    Pnutcashew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has awesome recipes and easily scaled down for two people or one with leftovers. Some of my go to meals that are lower in calories are sweet potatoes with cinnamon and stevia, chicken stirfry with mixed veggies, and chili with ground turkey.
  • belgd
    belgd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 4ft11

My daily calorie objective varies from 1300 to 1600 depending on my level of activity (calories burned) that day.

I tried to eat the least processed food as possible. I do my own cooking and pack my lunch and snacks for the office. I cooked on Sunday afternoon for the entire workweek.
    I started with my favorite meals and "evolve" them towards healthier versions. I believe on replacements

Soda and bottled juice with water, green tea and homemade fruit juice
    Fried items with baked ones
    white rice with brown rice and quinoa
    white pasta with whole grain pasta
    etc, etc, etc

I measure and weight all food ingredients and I use MFP food and exercise log. It has been great help
    Good luck in your journey

I bake A LOT now haha. I'm slowly trying to find replacements for my favorite foods, or at least healthier versions (:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Around 5 ft.

With calories set at around 1200 or higher. Tips? What are some of your fav. meals?

And what's worked best for you? Thanks (:
    In to say, you look KILLER in that dress. :flowerforyou:
  • supkristi
    supkristi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 with calories set to 1200.

I am not very fancy in terms of special recipes. I just eat real foods and try to limit the amount of time I spend cooking and packing lunches.

My biggest go-to meal is a chicken breast with some cooked veggies. This meal averages at about 150-200 calories.

Here are some other ideas:

- Shirataki Noodles (0 calories!!!) with marinara and chicken breast
    - Spinach salad with mixed veggies and protein of choice
    - Fried eggs and a grapefruit
    - Fish with veggies on the side
    - Campbell's light soups (150 calories for an entire can)

Snacks:

- Light Babybels
    - Veggies & Fruit (obv)
    - 50 Calorie yogurts and applesauce
    - Sugar-free jello cups (5 calories each)
    - Deli Meat slices
    - Oatmeal.

I just eat a larger mass/volume of lower calorie foods to keep me from being hungry!

Good luck!
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5ft.
    My absolute favorite lunch/dinner is a chicken and cheese quesadilla.
    I get two small tortilla shells with 3 oz of chicken breast and a serving (1/4 cup) of shredded cheese.
    300 calories! Add veggies and you're still below 350!
  • belgd
    belgd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! A lot of good options :D Keep it up.
  • tlerias
    tlerias Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.

Last night I took Asparagus (~100 cals) and peeled them into "noodles" and boiled them. I also took 2oz of turkey cold cuts (60 cals) and heated it up in 1/2 a cup of light prego marinara (50 calories) with 1 cup of spinach (10 cals). Once the turkey, sauce and spinach was heated it up, I tossed it in the drained boiled asparagus. Delicious, and under 300 calories!

For snacks I love apples and string cheese.