Belly Overhang success stories

Options
Hey
Just hoping some of ye lovely people who have success getting rid of the dreaded belly overhang can share yer stories and pics
Looking for some inspiration !!

Thanking ye in advance

Replies

• sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for someone to post success pictures for this too as it's also my trouble area. My mother told me I'll probably never get rid of it, but I'm determined to have a bikini body :-).
  • marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Funny you say that about your mom, because mine says we (my family) are built that way so we carry it there. Talk about discouraging!
    :ohwell:
  • saturnmaiden
    saturnmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear success stories as well! I have lost almost 20 pounds.. I want to lose a total of about 80, I have belly issues. lol
  • milk_and_cookies
    Options
    Bump
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bump
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Just hoping some of ye lovely people who have success getting rid of the dreaded belly overhang can share yer stories and pics

Thanking ye in advance

Kettle bell swings, bring your arms and leg to meet in the middle. Both have helped my stomach to decrease a lot, especially the awful overhang that was belly fat.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I hope it goes away.. I'm so saggy in the middle :embarassed:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    aside from being 100 pounds over weight, i also gave birth to 5 children, 5 separate pregnancies. i had this flap (no pics, it was too gross and embarassing) that hung over half way to my private parts. there was about 3-4 inches of "hang" there. i know, gross.

ITS GONE! from day 1, i did elliptical and walking, but the last 4-5 months, ive been running, and that has really made a difference. my belly has no hang, what so ever. i have current pics (well, about 2 months ago) of my belly on my facebook page if you want to take a look.

just keep doing what your doing, and if your not jogging, start jogging... made a HUGE difference for me!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    aside from being 100 pounds over weight, i also gave birth to 5 children, 5 separate pregnancies. i had this flap (no pics, it was too gross and embarassing) that hung over half way to my private parts. there was about 3-4 inches of "hang" there. i know, gross.

ITS GONE! from day 1, i did elliptical and walking, but the last 4-5 months, ive been running, and that has really made a difference. my belly has no hang, what so ever. i have surrent pics (well, about 2 months ago) of my belly on my facebook page if you want to take a look.

just keep doing what your doing, and if your not jogging, start jogging... made a HUGE difference for me!

I wish jogging had helped mine, but despite doing some heavy running off and on over the past 3 years, it was never the ticket for me. Strength training and heavy lifting have made a world of difference, though. I can now wear low raise pants again! I still have a ways to go, but I went frmo a size 6/8 to a 2/4 and I only lost about 3 pounds, a lot of which was in my belly/overhang area. The rest seems to be loose skin...
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    In..for pics
  • henrysmom13
    henrysmom13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey

Thanking ye in advance

Kettle bell swings, bring your arms and leg to meet in the middle. Both have helped my stomach to decrease a lot, especially the awful overhang that was belly fat.
    I agree.... I've been doing kettle ball workouts, and I see a difference already. I have four kids, so l have a baby pouch.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This was a couple of months after I had my 8th child and the follow up pic was after losing a bit of weight, no exercise i
    Just calorie controlled, of course now I want my waist line back, so exercise it is

8fa144ad26a0e345b4ea40cc0eeb7669.jpg
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh excuse the boobs:blushing:
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's the absolute bane of my life ! I hate it , I reached my goal weight and it was still there so I kept going I don't know how much more weight I can afford to lose because I've already lost pratically all my boobs and I want to keep some shape and since you can't spot reduce it makes its tricky ! That and my doctor has told me not to lose anymore weight and now he wants to monitor my weight with regular check ups ! :/
    I have noticed an improvement recently I must admit , I have been running and heavy lifting so hopefully that's doing the trick but I have also been still losing weight
    I'm just hoping I can still lose it without losing that much more weight
    But once I know there's hope I will keep struggling on :)

Well done to everyone who has got rid of theirs!! :);)
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    5 children!, 4 children!, 8 Children!!! I should be able to lose from my 1 child then.

You all look great BTW. Thank you for the inspiration
  • ct320
    ct320 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would also like some hope on this subject :wink: Ive just started tracey andersons post natal work out and am seeing some results but not great just yet need to focus and do it more regularly but really hope its possible to lose the belly x
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Me too, I still have another 8-10 lbs to get to goal, but, I'm concerned that's one area I won't be able to fix. My spare tire now looks like a deflated skin-nertube hanging over my belt when I wear jeans but no shirt.
  • sarahbagley
    sarahbagley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Diet is a HUGE part of the belly area. I know that when I'm eating right, my belly area looks and feels MUCH better. Also, if you've been large at one point and have lost that weight , it may be that your skin has streched out and the overhang is your skin. No amount of exercise or diet will remove that. Just remember though that being fit doesn't mean being skinny. Flexible, strong and stamina. Hope this helps!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!