For the nerds in you! TDEE estimation, with graphs :)

Options

Replies

• aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think i'm in love!! haha love getting my geek on!
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • MariaJ98
    MariaJ98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are awesome in your awesomeness....
    I too am a data nerd in my day job and came to a similar plan as yours the more data I'm collecting the better for me (I am also doing ww so tracking points and calories)

But I have yet to conquer the scales in an analytical way (ie to much of a wuss to weigh every day)... And I've only just begun.

Love your work!
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Wow - you are SUCH a geek. That makes me a little frisky!

Now i have to go apply your calculations to the several spreadsheets of data I have collected...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The accountant and financial analyst in me is loving this...
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the Excel skills to do this. This is amazing.
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    lol i love this! MFP should have something similar to this so that everyone can log in their daily weight and make their own graphs. It would help with motivation and stop us from panicking when we do put on some weight.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    As many people mentioned before, there are very good tools such as trendweight and libra which you could use to visualize your weight trend!

All you have to do is enter daily weigh-ins and it will calculate stuff for you, make a nice, pretty plot:P

I'm going to quote someone from another post:
    I think graphing is the absolute best way to get real info out of the scale. I don't do it the way the OP has - too much work for me! - but instead, I use trendweight.com on the web or Libra on android. Trendweight looks like this:

4w.png

The beauty of this is that the moving average lets you find out what your calorie deficit is and use that to plan your weight loss.

Osric
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Bump to check out later. I actually wanted to find out my Tdee , and i think your spreadsheet will help me out immensely. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Impressive. Really impressive!

Thanks for posting. :smile:
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Bump squared
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    As many people mentioned before, there are very good tools such as trendweight and libra which you could use to visualize your weight trend!

All you have to do is enter daily weigh-ins and it will calculate stuff for you, make a nice, pretty plot:P

True, however, getting one's nerd on and having the equations behind the tool is so much fun! (If you are that way inclined of course. I am, others might not be and there's nothing wrong with that :smile: ).
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are the best! I LOVE math! :flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, thank you for sharing! My TDEE coefficient comes in at a steady 150%.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I added another constant - "Burn Coeff". The reason is that I'm showing a 150% TDEE, which is not consistent with my actual lifestyle. By having a knob for exercise calories, I can dial in the appropriate TDEE coefficient.

The good news is that it appears I've been underestimating my burn, especially for the last 2 months, by about 20%. So TDEE coeff of 135% and a Burn Coeff of 120%.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Awesome. How much would you charge to do mine? :smile:

I could write you a haiku in exchange.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Wow :)
  • cr1111dn
    cr1111dn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is so great! Love the idea of daily weigh-ins to help understanding the process! Knowledge is power :)
  • LilchookNZ
    Options
    Bump for later - give my heap some wrapping time :)