Calories you were consuming before you started dieting?

Options

Replies

• jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I believe on average days I probably ate around 2500-3000. Then some days I may do up to 5000.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    That IS an excellent question and one I've never really wanted to know the answer to, but let's see: average day in my former life: Breakfast from Tim Horton's: bacon breakfast bagel, hash brown and an extra large triple triple:1100 calories, lunch: maybe grilled cheese and cream of mushroom soup 700, a Kit Kat for a snack, 200. Supper: often a big Ceasar salad with a steak, maybe corn on the cob with lots of butter, nice big chunk of garlic bread. 1500 or more? And like lots of others have mentioned, a big bag of chips, plus dip and a couple of glasses of Coke or a chocolate milk in front of a movie late in the evening.... Another 1500? Yeah 5000 at least! Wow, just wow. And with a sedentary lifestyle to boot.
  • chrisbulmer1
    Options
    TONS, 2 bags of doritos, chips, food, all sorts
  • melodie1963
    melodie1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hate to think! Iv always scoffed at my daughter when she counts calories...as I ate healthy! But the weight has crept on, while she looks trim...so for the past three days I have counted calories and am horrified ay how many I would of been consuming before hand! Fingers crossed this is the start of being more aware!
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    At first I was consuming around 3000 maybe more idk I just ate... but now I eat nomore than 1200...
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'd say I was eating 2500 to 3000. I was sort of like you - I skipped breakfast, ate a light lunch and then thought that gave me a free pass to eat a big dinner and then a whole bag of something carbo-rific (Cheez-Its, M&Ms, Chex Mix, etc.) as a late snack.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A bunch.
  • landodewd
    landodewd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    4000-7000. My weekend was just a big party. 18-30 beers plus whiskey. I know exactly why i'm fat.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A lot but often less than I consume some days now.
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Probably around 2500-3000 (sometimes more obviously) but I'm a couch potato. I was eating only one meal a day too (dinner), but I was drinking calories during the day at work (coke, fruit drinks, etc)

Most of the time I was lazy (and too hungry to take the time to cook!) so I would just grab fast food on my way home after work, then snack on chips and cakes or cookies before bed.

I'm still having a hard time to eat several smaller meals instead of a big one. I do eat breakfast and lunch but I like to save most of my calories for dinner. Counting calories and eating healthier stuff works well for me so far, I dropped 30 lb in ~60 days.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I'd venture a guess that I was easily at 4,000-5,500 or more. And the majority of them were stupid calories. Processed foods, refined sugars, chemical diet sodas, nowhere near enough vegetables or whole foods.

I still indulge in the diet sodas and aspartame, but eat a hell of a lot cleaner now, with upwards of 100oz of water daily. I figure I've earned my chemical dependency on diet sodas :)
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    God knows! I just ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and kidded myself that I didn't care that I was getting fatter and fatter!
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine what my calorie counts were at. I ate so much pizza. So. Much. Pizza.
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just checked mine. About 3600 on a normal day...not that I can really call that normal!
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    At least 3000 but probably closer to 4 or 5. I ate fast food daily and had giant bags of chips every night before bed. That awful feeling of sickness from eating too much is definitely something I don't miss.

This exactly. I used to overeat, drink eno's to feel less bloated, and three hours later, overeat again. Terrible.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    During the day a total of 1200 and then between 8 pm and midnight probably 2500.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    3000+ and a lot of junk food ! scary
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Probably 800 a day for as long as I could stand it... then 5,000 a day until I stopped feeling hungry. And repeat.
  • zensugi
    zensugi Posts: 76
    Options
    ~2,400 to 2,500. These days is just under 2,000, dropping around 400g of weight per week.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    About the same as I'm now eating - between 2,500 & 3,000.
    In reality I had been maintaining for 20 years in a casual/sporadic way but 30lbs too fat.