Has anyone else felt sick after eating unhealthy foods?

Options

Replies

• jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Only if I eat too much of the overly fatty/sugary/whatever foods, then I feel completely gross and like I swallowed a brick of lard
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If I eat fried,greasy or heavy foods now I feel so sick and have a bad stomach for 1-2 days afterwards. Same with chocolate and sweets now. I think its because I hardly even eat it and when I do its way too much salt/sugar/fat for me at one time
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Anything excessively sweet, especially if I eat too much. Doesn't stop me from eating it, though I try to limit how much I eat it. Surprisingly not so much fried foods, though I did pass on the french fries and fried crab sticks today at lunch because they just made me feel gross just thinking of eating them.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    That just proves that "clean eating" makes you weak.
    :drinker: :heart:
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I'm far from a 'clean' eater, but I have noticed that with some things I just don't enjoy them as much as I used to. For instance, a few weeks ago I had potato crisps for the first time in ages. Just didn't taste nice.

As for feeling sick...a lot of fast food tends to do that to me now. The worst culprit seems to be anything from McDonald's that has red meat. Which is rather odd, because I eat a fair bit of beef and lamb in my day-to-day life. At first I wrote it off as a one-time thing with a dodgy patty, but no...apparently my body doesn't want me to enjoy a double cheeseburger and would rather throw a hissy fit instead. Sigh.

Oh, and fries. Fries frequently cause nasty bloating and leave me with an uncomfortable greasy feeling. Although I'm not sure if that's a new thing or just something I haven't paid attention to until now. They're one of those things you just eat because they're there and not because you actually like them all that much. That's the case with me, anyway.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Yes.

My body responds to certain foods very differently now than it used to. Deep-fat fried stuff or very oily foods like a bad take-away now make me throw up. Bread makes me feel really uncomfortable and bloated if it's more than a couple of slices of toast. Too much pasta now gives me stomach cramps.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    It's a common reaction to eating a type of food you've not had in a long time. Has nothing to do with being 'healthy' or not.

Funny how it never happens with carrots eh? :huh:
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I think it is pretty common to see this after eating well. My hubby even pointed out that we probably both felt sick all the time when we ate processed foods but now we are more aware of it.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    That just proves that "clean eating" makes you weak.

Do you also believe that a high alcohol tolerance somehow makes you "stronger"? :huh:
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can handle eating pizza but anything super greasy and fried I get bloated and feel sick for hours. Then I have diarrhea. So I no longer eat fast food lol. Sugary things are okay as long as I only have a tiny bit...I'm not a sweets person anyways. I still really enjoy extra hot Cheetos though :)
  • dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I feel perfectly fine when I eat horrible foods.
    I actually feel sick when I have to have anything healthy.
    That's part of the problem, aha.
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    it depends on how bad the stuff is... if it is microwave food, im still fine with it. however, if i down a bag of chips or eat something slattered in oil - i cannot handle it. i get all nauseous and sick to my stomach.

^^^ this is from a lifetime of junk foods, so i count it as progress :-)

on the same note... i think even a tiny bit of junk food, no matter if i can handle it stomach-wise causes me to break out now. i must investigate!
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love Peter Piper Pizza, but after about a month or so of not eating out, I had some pizza. I bought a small cheese and pepperoni pizza to share with my nephew. I had 2 slices and later that night, I was nauseous the entire night. I LOVE that pizza, and while I don't eat it all the time, it would be a shame for me if I get sick eating it lol. I have been making my own at home with flat bread, or pita bread, and turkey pepperoni.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It depends. A lot of processed, fast food I generally don't like anyway and I do tend to feel sick if I end up eating it.

Though sometimes when eating out and splurging on something "unhealthy" that tastes out of this world:
    chicken_regret_nothing.gif
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I should. Had a whole jar of Nutella one night last week. Felt fine.

Not buying any more Nutella though....
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I can't eat quite as much of the really rich, sugary desserts as I used to before it makes me feel icky. But other than that, I'm still able to enjoy the occasional piece of cake or slice of pizza without feeling any negative effects. Which is good, because I happen to like that stuff!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I had the worst binge ever this past monday ( yes i am human and every few months like to over indulge with my favorites) but, this particular day i CHOSE to eat ALL of my favorites in one day.....not a good combo. I have never felt so sick . How did i used to eat like that before?? Then woke up with a food binge hangover. Not pretty at all. When i eat anything processed or sugar loaded that is what usually will happen to me since getting healthy.

Usually if i eat something not so great now i will just get a stomach ache for a few hours.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Anyone else noticed this post is 15 months old and op hasn't logged on for the last 3 months?
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Last weekend it was my son's birthday party and I relaxed and ate cake (lots of cake...), sausage rolls, sweets, crisps.. I didnt go over my calorie goal but the next day I felt lethargic, irritable and wanted to eat everything!! Processed foods are naaaaaat good for me!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Anyone else noticed this post is 15 months old and op hasn't logged on for the last 3 months?

Zombie post :bigsmile: