Okay, did I really lose 20 1lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Kudos! Like the others have said, the heavier you are when you start, the more water weight will drop off in those first few weeks. I started at 291 and now at 221, people are really starting to notice. I'm getting double-takes when I go somewhere I haven't been in several months :) So you will too at some point!

Don't let it get you down when it slows up to 1-2 pounds a week or stalls for a week or two. Such is life in weight loss. Keep moving more and logging everything and eating in your deficit (don't overdo it!), and you'll keep losing.

You're awesome, keep it up!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! And good for you for marching on without their support!! :flowerforyou:

I feel a bit of your pain because I am tired of my co-workers laughing when I measure something out or they see I have food in the frig that is pre-weighed with calorie count on the carton. Hey........you gotta do what works!!

Good for you!! :happy:
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    On your first month you will have your fastest weight loss. Then it slows down. I wish it didn't but that is life. :)
  • mineownself
    Options
    Way to go! If that isn't motivation and/or proof that you can and are doing this ... !!!

You need to toughen your skin and let the nay-sayer comments roll right off your back - and use their negativity to fuel your push to create a body you are proud of!

Keep up the good work - and as a dear trainer of mine used to say - YOU GOT THIS,GIRL!
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss ,keep it up and people are so negative sometimes.Do not listen to harsh words ,tell us of your success and we will be happy with you.
  • hollykirsten
    hollykirsten Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Remember, it takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for friends and family and it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world. KEEP GOING. :) Hope that helps!
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    Someone who only needs to lose 65 lbs. doesn't lose 20 lbs. of water, maybe 5... Men lose weight a lot faster than women. Enjoy your weight loss and keep up the good work!
  • BradGarner85
    BradGarner85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I began my journey on August 15th. And so far I am down 21lbs as well. I know that it is mostly water weight, but as I explained to my wife. I do not care if it takes 3 months or 3 years I have made my mind up that it is time to lose this weight. I started at 362 lbs and I have a very long road ahead of me. I will not give up I refuse to.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    yes you did! congratulations!! keep going, seems like you got this!!
  • francescajeanfox
    Options
    Well done, just remember to keep going, even when the weight loss slows down.