30 Day Shred

Options
Good morning ladies and gents! Today is the day that I take control of my weight and to get on track! I've already started eating healthier and cutting back on junk food, no pop (I don't even like pop, lol), and cutting back how much bread I eat, with my goal to lose between 40-50 pounds (which will take a while, I know).

I want to start an exercise regimen, and I've seen some fantastic results with JM 30 Day Shred. I know I probably won't lose a lot of weight, but so many people have toned up with it and lost A LOT of inches. So, I thought to myself, why not start with that see the inches melt away and get that kick in the rear!

With you all reading this, what is your experience with JM 30 Day Shred? Any tips? I saw some jumping jacks and butt kicks on the first 10 days, is there a way I can modify it so that I still get an effective workout without the jumping and disturbing the downstairs neighbors?

Thanks! (:

Replies

• katesand10
    katesand10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There is a group that started on Monday called (30 Day Shred Sept 30). You should join up and follow along. I'm a diehard Jillian fan. Her workouts are the best for loosing inches. I lost 40 pounds by doing this DVD 3 times a week and logging faithfully. I've gained a few pounds since July and I'm starting her workouts again but everyday...10 days on level 1, 10 days on level 2, and 10 days on level 3. No modifications on the jumping jacks and jump ropes...maybe try using a mat to soften the sound for your neighbors. Feel free to add me :)
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I started the shred extremely out of shape. I decided to do 15 days of each level instead of 10, after I reached day 10 of level 1 and realized how hard it still was for me.
    The only problem I had was shin splints. I developed them very early in level 1 and it has stuck around ever since. that is the only thing I'd warn you about! Otherwise, from someone who hasn't done ANY exercise in her life, this was a great way to start out. Jillian is extremely annoying, and my boyfriend can't stand to hear the DVD anymore, but she definitely will whip you into shape! I often find myself yelling curses at her during the exercise, and then later thanking her mentally when I look in the mirror.
    I finished day 10 of level 3 yesterday, and as of so far I am down:

8 lb
    4 inches from my stomach (the biggest part)
    3 inches from my hips/bum
    2 inches from my arm
    1 inch from my waist

AND I can FINALLY do a push up for the first time in my life. I TOTALLY recommend it. The workout flies by because it's so short. I am trying to find a new program to try next that is similar! I love the 3, 2, 1 system Jillian has created.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I love me some JM also! There's also a great topic in the Success Stories section of the forum that has before/after pictures of everyone who's done the 30 Day Shred workout.

It's a wonderful workout if you stick with it! I'm shooting to do it 3-5 times a week as my schedule permits, started on Monday. :)
  • likeamiss
    Options
    Oh wow, such quick responses! I plan on doing my first workout tonight after work, then waking up at 6am before work and working out because I know I won't want to do it later!, haha.

Kate, I'll check out the group, thanks! How many rounds of the 30 Day Shred did you do to lose those 40lbs?

Bennies, I'm very much out of shape too and I have the upper body strength of a 5 year old, haha. But those are awesome results you got with it, congrats!

Ginny, I've been looking at those before and after pics, it's what got me motivated to start the 30 Day Shred. I'll be using Sunday as my rest day, so it'll take me a little longer to do it, but I think it'll be worth it. (:
  • gingerella727
    gingerella727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, im so excited!
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    Just started this today and didn't make it past 10 mins...now feeling kinda deflated =/
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Any routine or program is better than nothing, if done safely and to the appropriate level. With proper dieting practices (lifestyle changes), any and all exercise will lead to fat loss and improved muscle composition - to at least a small degree.

Point being: be smart, eat smart, stay consistent and it will be the best program for you, if you enjoy doing it.

If you fail, don't quit. If you were in shape and shredded you wouldn't be doing JM 30 Day Shred. Instead, focus on being able to complete the entire workout at a level that is just outside your comfort range. Each session, look to improve on this exertion level until finally you are able to go full bore for the entire workout.

For you, completing the program each and every time is more important than going at JM's pace, but only for 5 minutes.
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just started this today and didn't make it past 10 mins...now feeling kinda deflated =/

So try again tomorrow. Maybe you'll make it 15 minutes. :)
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I joined the 30 day shred sept 30 group. Most of us are in week 1, level 1. You should def join us! :happy:
  • smay4
    smay4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find a new program to try next that is similar! I love the 3, 2, 1 system Jillian has created.

I started with 30 Day Shred, then moved on to Ripped in 30. RI30 kicks it up a notch from 30DS, but you can totally do it!! I now have Jillians 90 day Body Revolution and I love it. All are the 3-2-1 system. Body Rev changes things up a little, but still follows the same idea.

Lots of dvd's to keep you from getting bored! If you stick with it, there is your fitness plan for the next 5 months!!

I stopped part way through Body Rev and gained 8lb back over the summer. I am now starting Body Rev again and hoping to lose about 12lbs (I was so close to my goal weight)