chobani yogart

Options
I am trying to switch from Chobani Pineapple Greek Yougart to just plain old regular Chobani Greek Yogart to cut back on my processed sugar intake. Wow, is it horrible! Any ideas what I can add to it to change the horrible after taste? Has anyone tried adding cinnamon to it or anything like that? I am allergic to most fruits except for apples, pineapple, blueberrys which is why I was thinking maybe some type of spice like the cinnamon.

Replies

• Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to add cinnamon or cocoa powder with just a little bit of honey. So good!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the sugar in Chobani, but if you really want to avoid it you could try Stevia or eating it with a banana.
  • thehappyfitmusician
    Options
    I eat plain Chobani every day! I add a tablespoon of honey with granola or sweetleaf and fruit. It definitely makes the taste great!
  • mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Take 150 g (1/2 cup approximately) of the plain Greek yogurt and add 7 g (2 Tbsp) of your favorite Jello - Instant Sugar Free & Fat Free Pudding mix ( dry mix), they have white chocolate, cheesecake, butterscotch, pistachio...etc.

It will taste like cheesecake filling and it is only 105 calories total! It is really, really good! No need to add any other flavoring or sugar/sugar substitute to it.

(FWIW I use Walmart's Great Value - Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt since it has more protein and less sugar than the Chobani brand and it's cheaper)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I am trying to switch from Chobani Pineapple Greek Yougart to just plain old regular Chobani Greek Yogart to cut back on my processed sugar intake. Wow, is it horrible! Any ideas what I can add to it to change the horrible after taste? Has anyone tried adding cinnamon to it or anything like that? I am allergic to most fruits except for apples, pineapple, blueberrys which is why I was thinking maybe some type of spice like the cinnamon.

I LOVE Chobani plain yoghurt.

It's an acquired taste. You have to expect a slighly mildly plain taste, not candy marketed as health food.

To improve the flavor for you, you might try adding plain fruit (pears, for example) or nuts (cashews are great) or granola. I eat it with pears and muesli for breakfast every morning.
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea!!! That would be perfect for me to do with my allergys and is exactly the type of thing I was looking for but didn't think of by myself!:smile:
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Take 150 g (1/2 cup approximately) of the plain Greek yogurt and add 7 g (2 Tbsp) of your favorite Jello - Instant Sugar Free & Fat Free Pudding mix ( dry mix), they have white chocolate, cheesecake, butterscotch, pistachio...etc.

It will taste like cheesecake filling and it is only 105 calories total! It is really, really good! No need to add any other flavoring or sugar/sugar substitute to it.

(FWIW I use Walmart's Great Value - Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt since it has more protein and less sugar than the Chobani brand and it's cheaper)

Excellent idea!!! Is exactly what I was looking for with my food allergys!
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

I find that different brands of Greek yogurt taste quite a bit differently. Have you tried plain Greek in any other brand?

I love Dannon Oikos Greek plain yogurt in both non-fat and traditional. I find them both quite creamy and not as "tangy" as Chobani. You save some fat and calories in the non-fat but I must say that the traditional is like eating real sour cream. :happy:

Good luck in finding one that appeals to you! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You could stop eating yoghurt.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I go with vanilla so there is some flavor. If I went plain I would add fresh blueberries.
  • RonW956
    RonW956 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I know that if your watching your sugar using MFP's tool then yeah a bowl raisin bran cereal w/lowfat milk for breakfast for example, a chobani yogurt & a banana later on in the day and your almost at your daily allowance of sugar for the day....
    Raisin bran is a great cereal but it does have a lot of sugar, try oatmeal instead, but not instant, the real stuff that you cook on a stove, sprinkle cinnamon on top. Its hard to stay away from sugar when your making an effort to stay away from it... I never realized how much sugar we consume in everyday products, especially canned or prepared frozen foods...ouch!

But, you can still enjoy your Chobani w/ fruit on the bottom if you find a way to reduce your sugar in other areas....Example, if you drink coffee, use a powdered instant creamer instead of milk or International delight. Instant creamer has 0 grams sugar whereas International delight has 5 or 6 grams per serving.

Honey, 2 tablespoons raw honey and your looking at about 16 grams sugar.... nope, cant have honey and your chobani, not on the same day. its one or the other... but not both in one day :P

Most important above all.....is to reduce or eliminate added sugars..... candies, cakes, sodas, canned or jared pasta sauces & frozen dinners and of course, yogurts that are sweetened by fruits flavorings.
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    Ditch Chobani it is high in sugar, dannon light n fit greek is about half the sugar if I remember correctly