No More Excuses -- Week 48

Options
Another Good week for everyone. This week, Jenks and Cah0806 get the biggest loser honors. Others had a good week last week, only to level off this week.

Well I'm back. Had a crazy couple of weeks at work and home, actually got about 2 months worth of work in 2 weeks. Anyway, I was good about exercising, not so good about the diet. My weight has fluctuated down, and then back up.

MFP-49.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join...........1st off Welcome!!!!!!!

During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's Sunday weigh in. All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, and why you are wanting to lose wight, many of us have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• atotal180
    Options
    Hello, I think this group sounds like a great idea. I would like to join. I am a former football player who is in his third year of medical school who is trying to continue losing weight and get control of his old eating habits. I want to be the best doctor I can be and having poor health will not benefit my patients. I figure I send you my weight next Sunday correct?
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think this group sounds like a great idea. I would like to join. I am a former football player who is in his third year of medical school who is trying to continue losing weight and get control of his old eating habits. I want to be the best doctor I can be and having poor health will not benefit my patients. I figure I send you my weight next Sunday correct?

Welcome to the group. Send your weight to Jack by Monday morning.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Just wanted to say a quick hello. I have a light day typing today so I am going to have lunch with my hubby. I have a Bunkos night scheduled with a group of ladies tonight. The other group provides dinner tonight so I have no idea what I will be eating. I will just try to make the best choices available to me. Hope you all have a wonderful day. It is supposed to be beautiful fall weather here in SC.

Jack...Thanks for doing the chart:smile:
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack and glad you are back in the swing of things.

Hope everyone is doing good! I continue to do great during the week with my eating and working out, but always drop off on the weekends. My wife and I took a motorcycle riding class this past weekend so there was a lot of snacking and junk food. I know it's not a big deal every once in a while since we all deserve the reward, but it's just become the norm for me and I am looking for any suggestions from those of you that have gotten through this.

Thanks and have a great active weekend. Hawkeye
  • tamelab
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack and glad you are back in the swing of things.

Hope everyone is doing good! I continue to do great during the week with my eating and working out, but always drop off on the weekends. My wife and I took a motorcycle riding class this past weekend so there was a lot of snacking and junk food. I know it's not a big deal every once in a while since we all deserve the reward, but it's just become the norm for me and I am looking for any suggestions from those of you that have gotten through this.

Thanks and have a great active weekend. Hawkeye

Weekends are hard for me too. I am so busy during the week it is easier to stay on my plan. When I have extra time on the weekends or we are doing an activity, it is so easy to fall off the wagon. I always try to eat a healthy breakfast to at least balance out what damage I may do during the day and get in some kind of physical activity. Good luck!
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Hope you are all off to a great start. I am doing well. Hot weather here in NC, but beautiful. Makes me want to walk, walk, walk. If only the baby wanted to walk as much as I do. Getting some exercise in...unfortunately not what I want, but I have to make do with my situation. Also, I am 6 1/2 weeks postpartum and while I've been given the green light, I don't want to overdo it. Eating pretty healthy, but having to do quick meals. Ever try to cook with 11 pounds attached to one arm? My husband has been working 12-16 hour days for the past week so not a lot of help at home right now. My daughter, Gracie, has been a big help. She turned 10 Sunday!!

Nice chart, Jack. Glad things have calmed down for you. Proud of you for getting your activity in while working so hard! If I can ever help, let me know.

Hawkeye - I don't know about anyone else, but I just find it easier not to snack (unhealthy) at all. Once I start, I can't stop. I have picked at my daughter's bday cake for 3 days. Finally trashed it because I can't take the temptation. Some people can snack in moderation, but I am not one of them. I just avoid those types of treats. Maybe keep something handy for when you're in that situation and drink lots of water!! Easier for me, I guess. I've got a purse to stick my snacks in.

Tammy - still doing a great job! I know you'll make great choices. Have fun with your hubby and the girls. Sounds like you've got a great day ahead!

atotal180 - great name and welcome!! This is a great group and I am glad to be back after having my daughter. I know you are in a stressful situation with school. I am getting my master's right now. Good luck to you. You seem to be very motivated!!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great job guys!
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Tammy and cah0806!

I do try and eat a good breakfast on the weekends as well, but that's really about it. It's all the snacking that kills me. I like the tip about not even starting at all because that when the cravings kick in and I can not control myself. I need to drink more water as well which should keep me full. It's strange because it's not ilke I am even really all that hungry but just snack because I feel like I need to be munching on something throughout the day.

I will continue to work on this as part of my journey to a healthier me. Thx. again. Hawkeye
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I forgot to get my weight in this week, but was down 1 pound.

I have been doing really well. Son has last swimming lessong today, so I will be able to get back to step aerobics on Monday. Went this Monday (since it was a holiday) and burned 998 cals including my treadmill workout Monday. Started the C25K program again, and completed W3D2 today.

I go somewhat slack on the weekends as well. I don't go crazy, but that is when I eat those foods I have been craving, but keep it in moderations. And I always get back on track on Mondays.

Glad everyone is doing great.
  • erbs
    erbs Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello All!

I would love to join your group! You all look like a motivated bunch and I sure do need a lot of help in that area of my journey towards weight loss.

I am currently a Junior at Texas Tech University. Between school, work and other organizations I find no time for myself and when I do, the LAST thing I want to do is work out or eat right... I have been very active my entire life.. Until college where being active became almost nonexistent. Needless to say I've packed on a couple pounds. Freshman 15 definitely became a reality.... and so did freshman 30. So I am here on MFP to be motivated and lose these annoying extra pounds I’ve been carrying around for the past couple years

I am 5 foot 2 and...
    My Starting weight is 150 as of last Wednesday.
    My Current weight is 147 as of Today.
    My Overall goal is 115.
    My Christmas goal is 137

Hope I can do it! I'm ready for this change!

Just let me know what all I need to do in regards to weigh in's!

Goodluck to everyone and glad we can get through this together! :)
    - Alicia
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another discussion board... but figured i'd put it up here too :)

I'm absolutely someone who never compliments herself, but can compliment others. And if people compliment me, I laugh and don't believe it anyway. I've started going to Zumba and Kickboxing in my gym. I've been going for about 2 months now... and while the scale isn't moving as much as I'd like it to... my kickboxing teacher notices differences in my strength. I kick and punch with more power than i did before... I make myself go do laps on the track instead of only dreading when she makes us go. I'm one of those people who needs praise from others to keep myself motivated, which when I think about it... sounds pathetic. While the scale isn't truly cooperating... I am finally starting to believe in my head and actually feel the compliments I'm getting, especially from a tough kickboxing instructor. Keep your head up. Find out what motivates you! It's different for every person. Find exercise you truly enjoy and look forward to. And maybe together we should throw the scales out the window :) I'm proud of you for trying to make a difference. Some people talk about it... and never do anything. You're doing great!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...Hope you are having a great day. It is a beautiful fall day here in SC. Just finished working and now am going to fix a salad and pizza on whole wheat sandwich thin. It is really good. Planning on going to the flea market on Saturday to empty out this office again. It just keeps piling up. We are having a fall family picnic on Sunday at the Pink Beds in Pisgah National Forest. I am trying to make a lower fat menu, wish me luck. TTYL.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hello All!

I would love to join your group! You all look like a motivated bunch and I sure do need a lot of help in that area of my journey towards weight loss.

I am currently a Junior at Texas Tech University. Between school, work and other organizations I find no time for myself and when I do, the LAST thing I want to do is work out or eat right... I have been very active my entire life.. Until college where being active became almost nonexistent. Needless to say I've packed on a couple pounds. Freshman 15 definitely became a reality.... and so did freshman 30. So I am here on MFP to be motivated and lose these annoying extra pounds I’ve been carrying around for the past couple years

I am 5 foot 2 and...
    My Starting weight is 150 as of last Wednesday.
    My Current weight is 147 as of Today.
    My Overall goal is 115.
    My Christmas goal is 137

Hope I can do it! I'm ready for this change!

Just let me know what all I need to do in regards to weigh in's!

Goodluck to everyone and glad we can get through this together! :)
    - Alicia

Welcome. This is a good group of people. You will like it here. Send your weight to Jack on Sunday or Monday morning. He does a weekly chart for us. My name is Tammy. I am a work-from-home mother of 2 boys. I have been battling my weight since I was about 13. I am trying to learn new exercise and eating habits. MFP has been very helpful. Good luck!
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    welcome alicia
    having to type with one hand bc the baby's fussy
    she's 7 wks old today
    thinking of you all...
    have a great day
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome Erbs, the more the merrier.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well I wonder if any of you remember little old fat me! :grumble: I am still fat, still feeling awful but don't seem to have the willpower to change. I really the support of this group again to get going once again.

Jack, I will send you the info.

Christy, beautiful, beautiful baby. I am so jealous!!:wink:

Tammy, Renea, Ann and Jack - hi! :smile:
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    TGIF Team,

I hope everyone had a great active week and has an even better weekend. I am planning my weekend out so I do better when it comes to eating. I get in my exercise which is never the problem, but since we eat out about 3-4 times over the weekend, that's where it becomes difficult. I am going to make better choices in what I eat and how much of it. I hope all of you have success this weekend as well and with your next weigh in.

Take care, Hawkeye
  • tamelab
    Options
    TGIF...Everybody have a great weekend. I am going to the flea market on Saturday to clean out this office and Sunday is family fall picnic day. I get to babysit my great-nephew this evening for the first time so his mama and daddy can go out for a while. Looking forward to it. He is such a cutey. I am still truckin along at boot camp and really enjoying it. It makes my work day harder but so far I can really tell a difference in my strength and weight loss. I think it is really helping. See y'all on Monday.

Hawkeye...Good luck on your weekend plans. You can do it!

Amanda...Glad to see you!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hello All!!!! Sorry I have been MIA!!! I hopefully will get back on track. I have been swamped with stuff. It is a zoo here plus my office has a contract on a building so will begin packing and moving hopefully!!!

I promise to check in a little more often. It sounds like everyone is doing great. HAven't had time to catch up on the posts but will just wish everyone a great week!!!!! :)
    Ann
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well I wonder if any of you remember little old fat me! :grumble: I am still fat, still feeling awful but don't seem to have the willpower to change. I really the support of this group again to get going once again.

Jack, I will send you the info.

Christy, beautiful, beautiful baby. I am so jealous!!:wink:

Tammy, Renea, Ann and Jack - hi! :smile:

Welcome back Amanda, for those that don't know it, Amanda is our group's founder, I just continued what she started.