Chalean Extreme October 2013

Options
2»

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    i've been doing chalean extreme for the past year. i had trouble with my back hurting too during the burn circuit when i first started. think it is from not using good form during the dead lifts. concentrate on keeping your back flat when you go down and using your hamstrings to lift you back up. sounds simple but it's not. good luck with the program. i absolutely love it and am finally getting my sister to join me. we're both in our 40's which proves you're never too old to start lifting!!!!

I didn't start lifting till I was 50! Isn't that the new 30? haha
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i've been doing chalean extreme for the past year. i had trouble with my back hurting too during the burn circuit when i first started. think it is from not using good form during the dead lifts. concentrate on keeping your back flat when you go down and using your hamstrings to lift you back up. sounds simple but it's not. good luck with the program. i absolutely love it and am finally getting my sister to join me. we're both in our 40's which proves you're never too old to start lifting!!!!

I didn't start lifting till I was 50! Isn't that the new 30? haha

Yes it is!!! lol. I think that is awesome! Congrats on not being afraid to start something new! Age is only a number!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Indeed it is! I wish I could convince my brain of that when it comes to the scale :sad:
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on week 3...feel free to add me, new CLX friends are always welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Temple9
    Temple9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love all things Chalene Johnson (turbo fire, jam and kick), and this program is no exception. I too went through this program in the past and got great results, but had to take a few months off due to remodeling our house and losing my workout room. Well, I put on some weight and decided to get back to it. I started this Monday with the Xtreme program and I'm sore again...but a good sore. I would love to motive and be motivated by others in the same boat. Feel free to add me. Let's do this!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I started it about two weeks ago. The only issue I have is the 2nd burn circuit kills my lower back. Not sure how to get around that...

I think as your core gets stronger, you back will get better!! I have the same issue, but it has improved with time.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love all of Chalean's program ,but this is by far my favorite! I never get bored, she is super motivating, and I love to lift so it gives me that and cardio!! Did it about a year ago and dropped about 30lbs, but then of course I let life get in the way and now I am back up-but this is it for me, no turning back, I am 41, engaged and want to look fab next fall in my strapless dress, also with the possiblity of expanding our family I want to be in the best possible shape so that if, God willing, I do get pregnant, i can continue to workout throughout my pregnancy and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
  • mgnzalez1
    Options
    Hi all,

Just started my first day of Chalean Extreme. I really enjoyed it but still figuring out which weights work best for me. Thinking of including a little more cardio on strength days to see if that helps me out on my journey. Was looking for others that are also doing CLX around the same time for motivation, if you are let me know and we can help each other out.

Thanks and good luck to you all.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Hi all,

Just started my first day of Chalean Extreme. I really enjoyed it but still figuring out which weights work best for me. Thinking of including a little more cardio on strength days to see if that helps me out on my journey. Was looking for others that are also doing CLX around the same time for motivation, if you are let me know and we can help each other out.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

I just started my 3rd week. I'll send you a FR
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love all things Chalean too. I did Turbo Jam for many years, and I have been doing Chalean Extreme for about a month.

Approximately how many calories does the average Chalean Extreme DVD burn? I know there are several DVD's in Chalean Extreme, but how many calories approximately for the burn, push, or lean phase DVD's?

When I clicked on Exercise to log in exercise calories, it didn't come up. Thank you.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I flaked out this time around. I could make excuses, kids had days, basketball games, practices, whatever. But the honest to goodness truth is I just flaked out. I made it to push phase, week one, but never started week two. This was my second round of CLX and I did finish the first round with decent results.

I am just not as focused on weight/fat loss as I should be right now. I am going to do Ripped in 30 this month, started tonight, and focus more on maintaining right now. I think I will start CLX back after this month'S break.

Good luck to you still doing this program and I wish you all amazing success this month!